Guns International

6 dead, dying or obsolete handgun cartridges. An article by Field n Stream.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I've never fired a S&W.40, what Uncle Ted calls them "S&W Short & Weak" or the "10mm Too Short"; I am just going by a mix of the article and what my kid told me. I certainly am no expert; just an Old Man with a keyboard.

leVieux

laVieux,

FYI, that makes 2 of us as EOFs.

"Uncle Ted" thinks that the .44 SPL as loaded by COL Whelen is "only borderline acceptable" for SD, so you can take his opinion with a cup of salt..

I gently suggest that you look at the BUFFALO BORE 180 grain factory load & point out the 541 FPME to your kid.
    (Not only does it easily exceed my beloved .45ACP in power but in a considerably smaller/lighter handgun, too.)

As I said earlier, I suspect what your kid is talking about is the "not much more than .38SPL" load that some left/right coast/BIG CITY bureaucrats/LIBTARD morons INSISTED that LEOs should carry in their new .40 cal. handguns.
    The ORIGINAL factory load is a "hoss of a different color".

yours, satx
    Target Sports

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    laVieux,

FYI, that makes 2 of us as EOFs.

"Uncle Ted" thinks that the .44 SPL as loaded by COL Whelen is "only borderline acceptable" for SD, so you can take his opinion with a cup of salt..

I gently suggest that you look at the BUFFALO BORE 180 grain factory load & point out the 541 FPME to your kid.
    (Not only does it easily exceed my beloved .45ACP in power but in a considerably smaller/lighter handgun, too.)

As I said earlier, I suspect what your kid is talking about is the "not much more than .38SPL" load that some left/right coast/BIG CITY bureaucrats/LIBTARD morons INSISTED that LEOs should carry in their new .40 cal. handguns.

yours, satx

Kid's agency now has a new Chief, formerly Asst Chief @ Dallas. They are going back to GLOCK 17's and none is really happy over it. Kid still carries a Sig P365 off duty. I offered him a nice 1911 but they can't carry a "single-action" on duty.
    leVieux

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I haven't tried Buffalo Bore 40S&W, but I did try Buffalo Bore 10mm in my S&W 610; it was kind of snappy.

HKSig,

The BB load for .,40S&W is REALLY SNAPPY in a LIGHT/COMPACT pistol.
    BUT it STOPS 2 & 4 footed predators QUICKLY/WELL, so I can live with "snappy"..

yours, satx

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Pistol bullets rarely go through car doors anymore. Due to the side collision belt now required and the window crank, door latch, etc. Not just apiece of metal.
    Obsolete is 'can't make enough $ from gun or ammo'. Useless/un-needed? several.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Pistol bullets rarely go through car doors anymore. Due to the side collision belt now required and the window crank, door latch, etc. Not just apiece of metal.

popper,

TRUE.

FYI, when i was last in Latin America on TDY, the ALCALDE of the nearby large city was targeted by an assassination attempt. = The 9mm SMG bullets did not penetrate the doors on his 560SEL MB limo & his driver drove away, essentially unscathed.
    (I saw the car on local TV & it LOOKED bad but the all of the occupants were unhurt.)

yours, satx

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I noticed that too. Always out of stock. I have two of them. Never failed me.
    Not counting the current situation, or past similar buying frenzies, have you ever noticed that there is almost always one or two models of Kel-Tec's that the supply is drastically short of demands?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Not counting the current situation, or past similar buying frenzies, have you ever noticed that there is almost always one or two models of Kel-Tec's that the supply is drastically short of demands?
    I believe that is the modus operandi of their business. Keep supply tight, costs down, demand high.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    keltec is cyclic in their manufacturing. also they will focus on certain models (especially with a federal ban looming).

Top Bottom