• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    hi everybody
    i'd like some opinions on the following subject.
    i have a benelli supernova 20 inch barrel and would like to get a second HD shotgun. i've never been a hunter and never will so it ain't gonna be used for that.
    i am somewhere between the mossberg 590a1 20inch barrel 9+1 rounds plus ghost rings,a second supernova and a baikal mp 153 !!!
    i know all about the first two. i know about the durability, longevity, reliability...i found the supernova to be a superb gun but i want to try something new.
    the baikal became a choice after i read all the positive reviews from users. the shortest barrel available i can find is 26inch but i can 'reduce' it... to 20 inch. its capacity is 5 in the mag but with an extension can get to 7 plus one in the chamber. heard that it is really well built and if you follow the instructions about the breaking period it can then cycle anything with no problem.
    so the question is if a shortened barrel baikal with the extension can compare with the other two in a crisis scenario or survival.
    lets not talk about personal preferences but about realistic reasons...
    thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It is hard to argue with the reliability of the Mossberg and Benelli. Finding replacement parts is probably much easier also. I would stick with either one of those tried and true guns.

If the mp 153 is an autoloader (not familiar with it) cutting down the barrel may cause functioning issues.

eps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    the baikal mp 153 is a russian semi auto from the factory that makes the aks at an extremely good price. i've talked with a gunsmith and he said that cutting the barrel wont affect performance or cause any issues. thats probably the most advertised video on the shotgun > Baikal MP 153 - YouTube :) :) :)
    i must decide by Monday and it ain't gonna be easy...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom