• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    As I understand it, you may not carry a firearm in an establishment with a 51% sign posted.

I was enjoying a beer on the patio of a place that had no signage at the door or on the patio. A friend later informed me that their only sign is posted inside, behind the bar. You do not have to walk through the bar to get to the patio, and they have servers handling orders.

If the '51%' is not visible from the patio, would it be unlawful to carry on the patio?
    Gun Zone Deals

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    The way you asked the question pretty clearly shows you know you're breaking the law. What you're really looking for is an excuse.

Concealed carry is unlawful in a business which derives 51% of its revenue from alcohol sales. It is an acceptable defense to prosecution that the sign was not properly displayed.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    The way you asked the question pretty clearly shows you know you're breaking the law. What you're really looking for is an excuse.

Concealed carry is unlawful in a business which derives 51% of its revenue from alcohol sales. It is an acceptable defense to prosecution that the sign was not properly displayed.
    Incorrect. I was unaware of any '51%' signage because there was none outside (or in the windows outside). I would have had to go inside to see the sign; if that one sign inside is enough, so be it but I'd be mighty peeved if I was charged with a violation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    here's the interesting question. What's the legal requirement for properly displaying a 51% sign, and where is it suppose to be displayed?

In the past, I too have seen them displayed behind the bar as well. Have seen some displayed at the entry door as well.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Incorrect. I was unaware of any '51%' signage because there was none outside (or in the windows outside). I would have had to go inside to see the sign; if that one sign inside is enough, so be it but I'd be mighty peeved if I was charged with a violation.
    Are you saying you went there for a sandwich and were surprised to find they only served beer and didn't have food? If not, and you went to a bar carrying a gun, you were in violation. "But there was no sign" is something you say at the trial. :-)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As I understand it, you may not carry a firearm in an establishment with a 51% sign posted.

I was enjoying a beer on the patio of a place that had no signage at the door or on the patio. A friend later informed me that their only sign is posted inside, behind the bar. You do not have to walk through the bar to get to the patio, and they have servers handling orders.

If the '51%' is not visible from the patio, would it be unlawful to carry on the patio?

It is illegal to carry in a 51% place sign or no sign.

You can check status here:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Nothing prevents a business that sells alcohol from putting up a 51% sign whether they actually receive 51% of their income from alcohol or not.......

It's an easy way to prevent carry without posting 36.05, 30.06 or 30.07 signs and the complaints that go along with them............

Top Bottom