• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good for you, man!

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved water. It's all I ever crave to drink. One time my dad took us to Mexico when I was 10. I was SO pissed when I found out the water was tainted. I drank it anyway.... bad mistake! About the only thing I like is sparkling water and just a little Gatorade powder in some water for had summer work. I strive for a gallon of H2O a day, but you'll piss every hour.

Now, cold beer.... we better not go there.
    Military Camp

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Seriously? It seems most endos have tried to switch their patients to the newer Ozempic. I take it. It's more convenient. But it's also more expensive for me, given my drug coverage.

If Victoza could be had relatively inexpensively, I'd switch back to it in a heartbeat.

Thank you very much for that info.
    @benenglish

This is needlessly confusing but the info is below and the link to the drugs.com page....

Update. The patent are supposed to be 20 years. But they are now saying expiration in next summer even though the patent was issued in 2001.

Related Patents​

Patents are granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office at any time during a drug's development and may include a wide range of claims.

• Derivatives of GLP-1 analogs
      Patent 6,268,343
      Issued: July 31, 2001
      Inventor(s): Knudsen; Liselotte Bjerre & Huusfeldt; Per Olaf & Nielsen; Per Franklin & Kaarsholm; Niels C. & Olsen; Helle Birk & Bj.o slashed.rn; S.o slashed.ren Erik & Pedersen; Freddy Zimmerdahl & Madsen; Kjeld
      Assignee(s): Novo Nordisk A/S
      The present invention relates to GLP-1 derivatives having a lipophilic substituent, pharmaceutical compositions comprising same, and methods of making an using same. The GLP-1 derivatives of the present invention have a protracted profile of action.
      Patent expiration dates:
    • Patent expiration dates:
      • August 22, 2022

Patent use: A METHOD FOR IMPROVING GLYCEMIC CONTROL IN ADULTS WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS

Drug substance

Drug product
      • February 22, 2023

Pediatric exclusivity
    • Needle mounting system and a method for mounting a needle assembly
      Patent 7,762,994
      Issued: July 27, 2010
      Inventor(s): Klint; Henrik Sonderskov & Radmer; Jim & Smedegaard; Jorgen K & Nielsen; Jan Frank & Jensen; Peter Moller & Jensen; Jens Moller
      Assignee(s): Novo Nordisk A/S
      A needle mounting system and methods for mounting a needle assembly on a needle mount are disclosed. The needle mounting system includes a needle hub having protrusions extending radially inward. A needle mount has a plurality of slots to receive the protrusions. The slots have a first portion that defines a passageway substantially parallel to a longitudinal axis of the needle mount and a second portion substantially perpendicular to the axis. The needle hub and mount provide a method wherein a needle assembly may be mounted on an injection device without completely rotating the needle hub relative to the needle mount.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    • Patent 7,762,994
      Issued: July 27, 2010
      ... The needle mounting system includes a needle hub having protrusions extending radially inward. A needle mount has a plurality of slots to receive the protrusions. The slots have a first portion that defines a passageway substantially parallel to a longitudinal axis of the needle mount and a second portion substantially perpendicular to the axis. The needle hub and mount provide a method wherein a needle assembly may be mounted on an injection device without completely rotating the needle hub relative to the needle mount.
    Folks, read that carefully. They got a patent in 2010 for an interrupted screw mount for needles. Y'know, the way cannon breeches have been closed for over 100+ years. The way M42 camera mounts have been modified to work more efficiently since the 1960s, at least.

They got a patent in 2010 for something that's been common all over the world for more than twice as long as I've been alive.

We no longer need patent clerks. We need rubber stamp machines because the requirement to use any brainpower when examining a patent application has apparently gone the way of the dodo.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I know other injection pens are old. Pen needles are already generic so its needlessly confusing.

The drug itself patent expires in Aug. But reading further lists other dates for the stuff the drug is delivered with, if I read correctly.

So I'm hoping that drug g ou es generic this year. I dont know why it wouldnt.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    @benenglish

Regarding victoza and generic.

I picked up my 3 months supply, 3 grand against my insc, and talked to the pharmacist about generics.

He said the company can try to fight the patent expiration and even if it expires on time that the first company to produce a generic gets a peroid of exclusivity where costs aren't much lower. 6 months or a year I think he said. Then it depends on weather insurance companies cover it for a while.

I know for Jardience there is an equivalent drug called steglatro that is cheaper but the insc company would only cover part of it on appeal.

I guess it's like getting food at the drive thru....

beast1989

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    Dallas
    I gave up soda maybe a decade ago in my early 20s without even thinking about it intentionally trying to do it. I just hated the thought of drinking my calories when I could have spent those calories on more food instead lol. It’s honestly pretty easy to cut out soda nearly entirely and the craving goes away. After a short while it doesn’t even taste good anymore as well. I probably drink less than 2 liters of soda per year now and I’m not looking back.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It’s honestly pretty easy to cut out soda nearly entirely and the craving goes away. After a short while it doesn’t even taste good anymore as well. I probably drink less than 2 liters of soda per year now and I’m not looking back.
    "Congrats" or "Cool story, bro," whichever is applicable.

Top Bottom