5 Reasons Not To Carry A Gun In A Purse (and for anyone carrying gun off-body)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Colion Noir channel.

Every woman I've dated who carried a gun carried it in their purse. Women are not going to stop carrying guns in their purses, and I don't blame them.

Because of the way they dress, it's hard for women to carry a gun on their body, and if she has any sense of fashion, it's ten times harder, so 90% of the time, she's going to carry her gun in a purse.

I'm about to Mansplain 5 reasons why carrying a gun in a purse is a bad idea. Not so that women stop doing it, but so they at least know the limitations and try to mitigate them.

A lot of what he Mansplain applies to anyone carrying gun in off-body manner; backpack, sling bag, briefcase, bro sack, portfolio, messenger bag or whatever. At end of video he shows alternative means to carry a gun. I would add the option for women to wear a shoulder holster covered by short jacket or appendix carry. Elsewhere on this channel is lots of info carrying gun in appendix location for women.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I can understand a lot of the reasons for off-body carry....although I don't know if a fanny pack/messenger bag/purse worn with the strap across and not ever taken off counts as OBC. What I don't understand is why someone using OBC doesn't have some type of smaller alternative weapon (i.e. knife, OC spray, etc.) worn concealed where they can reach it in a fight over the OBC bag. Watch some of the Little Fit Devil YT videos to see how easy it is to CC a knife even in the skimpiest of clothing....

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I can understand a lot of the reasons for off-body carry....although I don't know if a fanny pack/messenger bag/purse worn with the strap across and not ever taken off counts as OBC. What I don't understand is why someone using OBC doesn't have some type of smaller alternative weapon (i.e. knife, OC spray, etc.) worn concealed where they can reach it in a fight over the OBC bag. Watch some of the Little Fit Devil YT videos to see how easy it is to CC a knife even in the skimpiest of clothing....

Good point. From a different YouTube channel the lady describes how she has stopped carrying a spare mag and opted for something else she might more likely use; OC spray/flashlight etc. Yes if not carrying a gun on self having a suitable alternate emergency life saving tool is a must.

Top Bottom