• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    We have two houses next to each other down here. My son and his wife were doing repairs from the recent hurricane inside their place, and my granddaughters and I were in the yard of my place next door flying the kite. In other words, grandad was babysitting! (They - the grand girls - both beat me playing cards earlier this morning!)

My son and DIL heard me shoot but thought it was the sound of a hammer - lots of folks doing repairs on piers and siding and such down here. I had to send one of the granddaughters down the driveway, up the road, and back down their driveway to get my son - and a shovel. No way I was letting her take a shortcut through the yard!!!

And I wasn't ready to go near that Bastage till he was without a head! I ain't gettin' bit by arattlesnake - not even a dead one!!!

I don't normally consume adult beverages before 5:30 pm, but I'm nursing one now.
    I still say you should have cleaned it. Ken Rollins has a good UTube on grilling it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son asked me why I didn't just let go of the kite. It never occurred to me!
    Some 20 years back, I was on my way from Brownsville to Baton Rouge, crossing over the City of Corpus Christi, at 11,000'msl, or about 2 miles up. I almost hit a toy kite with kite tail and all its string dangling below. he kite itself was slightly above my plane. I've also seen numerous toy balloons at altitudes over the years.
    leViieux

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Neighbor reported he killed a +3 footer the day before I got here. We took a direct hit from that last little hurricane, and had a bit of damage. It must have stirred the snakes up.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Rich uppity folks had Frigidaires. Us common folks had an ice box. Sometimes we even had ice for it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom