• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    If memory serves, the Viet Minh (and later the VC/NVA) used bicycles to move a lot of supplies. They would load them up, put board (or bamboo) attached to the handle bars to steer and could carry up to 200 kg.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You cant shoot what you aint got with you and you'll need to be always carrying at least 35 lbs of survival gear, water, food, load-bearing equipment, shelter/sleep items, extra clothing, etc. So you wont have more than one longarm and one pistol, (maybe two if they and their ammo are lw and compact). Somehow, you just can never get animls or enemies to wait while you go GET "the right gun for the job". So you have to have the most versatile longarm made. Once the rifles come out the pistol doesn't amount to a hill of beans, so make it a small, lw 9mm in a front pants pocket holster, so that it's out of the elements, out of sight, accessible and out of the way of your pack and your rifle (slung or in-hand). i suggest either a shorty AR or the Mini14, cause you can get .22lr conversion units for them. They are useful for training, small game and as subsonic problem removers, thru a 223 suppressor, using 60 gr Aquila subsonic 22 ammo. You want a night sight, nvd goggles, passive IR scanner, rechargeable batteries, concealed armor, and enough sense to not be out and about during daylight hours. If i was going to have 3, I'd have a micro .22lr with a suppressor on it. 4-5 guns make no sense at all. Neither does anything that's not an auto, lacks a suppressor, lacks a night sight, wont pierce soft armor, wont use 9mm, 223, or .22lr ammo, or anything that cant be taken down and concealed in a pack.

Dump your 'non-combat" guns now, while there's still dummies who will buy them, and use the proceeds of the sales to buy reloading components, scrap lead, set up to cast bullets. Get airsoft and .177 lead pellet guns for training. Get a college loan, $6000 and a 3k pell grant, sell your plasma, Things are going to be very bad next year, even if trump DOES pull off a Supreme court win. Get some gold bullion coins, seeds, long term storage food, junk silver quarters.
    Where are we all supposed to get suppressors from?
    And if you can't have more than one gun because of extra weight and being useless and all, how are we supposed to carry all that extra lead and stuff to reload?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'm as real as they come. Reality is you wont be able to go anywhere with a 4 wheeled vehicle . the road will be full of stalled, shot up, wrecked out of gas vehicles, and there will be gangs running roadblocks, complete with boards full of nails to flatten your tires, so they can take your women and your stuff. There will be no safe base to leave anything. You'll have to abandon everything, that you can't put on a bicyle and push, cause the cities will have no water and will burn. You'll need 8 lbs of water per day and 2 lbs of food, if its the most calorie dense stuff available. Normal food, you'll need 4 lbs per day. So, even the 100 lbs that you can put on a bike and push wont last very long at all. the fish and game will be gone in a couple of months. People will be eating each other within 90 days, in a lot of places. It will be hell on earth, not the adventure that you "think" it will be.
    They won't want my wife. She won't shut up.
    I don't ride or own a bike and I live in the country. What do folks like me need to do? Can I hide in the woods and snipe them from 500 yards across the pasture or should I just turn off the lights and hope they think nobody is there?
    You must have tons of experience in places where those skills would be handy. At least 20-30 years or so. Why don't you tell us about it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    if it's just an evac due to fire, chemical spill, etc, there's no need of much of anything in the way of preps. some money, a pistol, a canten of water, maybe a poncho and warm clothing, a bicycle. You'll only have to go 50 miles at most, a one night's pedal and then be in a motel or with friends for a few days. The pack, several guns,etc, is only required if it's a full-on "end of the world"thing.

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    frigging edit button wont work? Only 3% of the US population lives on a working farm or ranch. If you do, you're just a target for the looters fleeing the city. You wont be hitting anyone at 500 yds at night. In fact, you wont get more than one at 300m,, probably even in daylight cause the rest will scatter and use cover/crawl, dodge and then you wont be able to judge their speed well enough to plot the required amount of foward allowance, All you 'll be able to do is fire and hope, until they close to 200 yds. at night, it will be 100m. What those in rural areas will need to do is move to a dugout that's not far from their homes. They have the luxury of burying food (at night) well in advance of need. However, livestock, stored grain, etc, is going to make your home, barns, etc a very desirable target.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Vaquero;929451 said:
    He was a god among mere mortals. A perfectly tuned instrument designed for multiple capabilities. Perfected through trials that left lesser beings quivering. "Surrounded by fools!" he huffed. Every sense heightened, every nerve on edge, he carried out his mission with skill. Honed through countless hours, days, weeks, yes, even years of training. Every move planned and carried out with the skill of a surgeon. Every risk calculated and countered beforehand. Yet the time drew near. He had heard of these untrained guerrilla packs and he was pursued by one now. One misstep could bring an end to all he had worked for. Little time remained before they found him. He closed his eyes, drew a deep breath and exhaled. Muscles of a strength only achieved through gruelling hardship tensed now. He was ready.

One last perimiter check and it begins! He steadied himself and reached for the keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    So, our crappy broadband is keeping me from watching this, but the title was intriguing. Anyone wanna give it a watch and comment as to whether I should try again on a faster connection?
    http://enews.gunbroker.com/q/nKpUbQ...eXRoaW5nei5jb23DiA4egSlWykfIILbvOHGtDEmUeXgFA
    I am just curious to see what they recommend. Because, just from the title, I think maybe one or two really strong performers would be better than five (five?). So, not knowing what they are, it's all speculation for now. Maybe 2 and 3 are hand grenades?
    Hope it's at least interesting!
    It’s a sooch video. I’m not even gonna bother.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    If I had to pick five SHTF guns, three of them would be in .22lr: a 10-22 rifle, a target/service size pistol (TX22, S&W 617, Single-Ten), & a hideout pistol (LCPII, Bobcat, NAA Sidewinder). A 12ga/20ga pump shotgun and a .308 bolt-action rifle would round out the rest.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom