• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Well, needless to say, I want to reload 5.7. I bought a PS90 over the internet yesterday and I was barely able to find the ammunition. I ended up finding it at ammotogo since no where in town nor other websites had the ammo in stock. Looks like I am going to have to use an RCBS die in my Lee press since I can't find one for Lee in stock either. More on that, I can't find a factory crimp for it either. I figured reloading would make having ammo on hand easier. Is this really going to be a big problem?
    DK Firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Reloading for the 5.7 is not much different than most other calibers. You will have to deal with crimper in primers though. Those tiny bullets are kind of a pain to start in the cases. The appropriate weights are all flat bases bullets. I don't have any idea how the coating on the cases wears over the long term either. I only reloaded mine a couple times before I sold my gun. The FiveseveN pistol throws those little cases far too. It makes them very hard to find.

Lee does (or did) make dies for it but you have to call them directly. They are not for sale anywhere else.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    It's just such a pain in the ass to find bullets. Brass won't be an issue, I got 200 rounds on order so I can use those but I was lucky to even get that.

Top Bottom