3D Printing & Gunsmithing: How making is easier than ever.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    I am a staunch Libertarian. I believe that you are either pro-gun or you are pro-tyranny. That being said, you should only follow laws when doing anything with firearms, if not out of respect for your country, do it for your dog and pregnant wife, because they (Alphabet Boys) will take even them from you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was out of town for work a few years ago, a group of fentanyl addicts broke into my ranch house and stole about $20,000 in guns. I hired a PI to get them back, because cops are generally useless, and the few that I got back were mutilated, my 120 year old shotgun was made into an illegal mess, and I had to dispose of it, and my Marlon 65 was stockless, triggerless, and the feed tube was bent in half.

After seeing how much gun parts were, I decided to look for alternatives, and on Ctrl+Pew, I met dozens of people that made parts for a living, and I’ve recently gotten into the hobby. I’ve made a ton of parts for my guns that have brought most of them back from the scrap pile.

Do any of you print parts?

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I can't even print a letter.

I bought this new Epson laser printer, and it was printing beautifully with the demo cartridge- crisp, clean copies. That cartridge lasted 100 pages, so I went and bought the hi-volume cartridge and it cost almost as much as the printer! Well, that new cartridge is like an old coal furnace- black powder everywhere and smudgy dark prints now- from the same printer that was working perfectly. Before you ask, it was a genuine OEM replacement, too- I paid up for real-deal cartridge.

I didn't want the same poor results for my firearm, so I buy parts from an authorized and serialized dealer registered with the ATF who charges both State and Federal taxes on purchases and logs them into his book properly.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Do any of you print parts?
    1721225979711.png

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    I can't even print a letter.

I bought this new Epson laser printer, and it was printing beautifully with the demo cartridge- crisp, clean copies. That cartridge lasted 100 pages, so I went and bought the hi-volume cartridge and it cost almost as much as the printer! Well, that new cartridge is like an old coal furnace- black powder everywhere and smudgy dark prints now- from the same printer that was working perfectly. Before you ask, it was a genuine OEM replacement, too- I paid up for real-deal cartridge.

I didn't want the same poor results for my firearm, so I buy parts from an authorized and serialized dealer registered with the ATF who charges both State and Federal taxes on purchases and logs them into his book properly.
    I mostly print non-illegal items like trigger guards and safety levers and the occasional feed-tube end.

Top Bottom