• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I’ve been looking around for bullets to reload my 35 Remington. It seems like you cannot get the coreloc bullets anymore. I am not a fan of the leverution projectiles.

Seems like most reloading supply companies are out of stock on all the flat nose bullets. I prefer 200 grain.

Curious if I’m down to casting my own projectiles for this. Any ideas or suggestions?

would there be any disadvantage to shooting non clad bullets.

Thanks
    Epp
    Capitol Armory ad

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I’ve seen load data for the .35 using .357 lead bullets. That may not provide the energy/velocity required, but it would be a start.

I just consulted two of my older reloading manuals. Both list loads for 158 grain, 357 jacketed projectiles with powder charges producing up to 2200 ft./s. I hope that helps.

Last edited:

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I may/probably have some old 200g jacketed bullets. I will look. Please be patient though. No idea where they are.

Remington no longer sells the separate coreloc bullets. You have to buy the loaded cartridges. Don't think they sell the separate cases either.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I do not hand load; however, I shoot the Hornady LEVERevolution cartridges now, through my Marlin 336 and Remington 141 and saw my group size cut about in half with them as compared to Remington Core-Lokt and Winchester Super-X PSP. Those pointed plastic tips make quite the difference.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I do not hand load; however, I shoot the Hornady LEVERevolution cartridges now, through my Marlin 336 and Remington 141 and saw my group size cut about in half with them as compared to Remington Core-Lokt and Winchester Super-X PSP. Those pointed plastic tips make quite the difference.
    The only two deer that I have had to track through the woods after a shot (and I did finally find them), I was using the leverevolutions. The ones I have shot with the core-loc ’s dropped and never got up again. This is by no means a scientific comparison, but the blunt nose seems to transfer more energy in my experience. Most of my shots are at the 75 to 100 yards range.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I have a box of 86 Hornady 35 cal 200gr round nose bullets. Don't know why I have them as I've never had a 35 anything, if they may be something that you would be interested in?

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    I’ve been looking around for bullets to reload my 35 Remington. It seems like you cannot get the coreloc bullets anymore. I am not a fan of the leverution projectiles.

Seems like most reloading supply companies are out of stock on all the flat nose bullets. I prefer 200 grain.

Curious if I’m down to casting my own projectiles for this. Any ideas or suggestions?

would there be any disadvantage to shooting non clad bullets.

Thanks
    Epp
    Just been searching today for some good flat point 200-220s for my .35 Marlin I bought today!!! Fortunately I reload and have some .35 brass and lots of primers & powder.

So far I can find these are offered.. but finding them for sale is another matter...

Sierra Pro-Hunter Bullets 35 Caliber (358 Diameter) 200 Grain Round Nose
    Hornady InterLock Bullets 35 Caliber (358 Diameter) 200 Grain Round Nose
    Speer Hot-Cor Bullets 35 Caliber (358 Diameter) 220 Grain Flat Nose

All seem to be out of stock...

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    I am a lucky dog... just went to the man cave looking for .358s..

I have a whole box of Speer 180gr Flat points and a box of Sierra 200 grain Round nose slugs!!! Got 'em at estate sales over the years (I have lots of slugs for various calibers... even 3 boxes of Nosler 180 grain partitions for .308 for... $10 a box!!)

Tomorrow I go look for my brass. Yes I know I have some .35 Remington cases somewhere.. I think I have maybe 5 rounds of ammo to floating around....

Then I have to go find some .35 Remington dies!

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Just been searching today for some good flat point 200-220s for my .35 Marlin I bought today!!! Fortunately I reload and have some .35 brass and lots of primers & powder.

So far I can find these are offered.. but finding them for sale is another matter...

Sierra Pro-Hunter Bullets 35 Caliber (358 Diameter) 200 Grain Round Nose
    Hornady InterLock Bullets 35 Caliber (358 Diameter) 200 Grain Round Nose
    Speer Hot-Cor Bullets 35 Caliber (358 Diameter) 220 Grain Flat Nose

All seem to be out of stock...
    That is what I found lots of listings but no one has anything in stock.

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Been looking for more 35 rem type bullets also. I think they're an endangered species. I have read ALOT about using cast though and many prefer it, so that's a real option. And powder coating seems right popular adding to the cast option. Not too much data on PC 35 rem loads and performance though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not too much data on PC 35 rem loads and performance though.
    I've got plenty of old manuals and can pass along any info applicable to your situation. Let me know what bullets and powders you have and I'll see what I can find.

And, yes, I know all this data is supposed to be online. But I like books. :)

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    thanks Ben. I got a few books OK. just none of them details powder coated except some folks claim they can be pushed faster, and get sorta vague about whether you have to gas check or not. even 'castboolits.com' has alot of different opinions. All my 35rem brass got stolen years ago. I'll figure it out, and shoot 30-30 in the mean time.

I got about 125 factory rounds but I'm still too covetous to shoot them just to get brass for reloads. [now at $4+ rd on gunbroker!]. Maybe for an elk hunting 'someday' fantasies if I live that long. Be well.

Top Bottom