• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    These are the only lrp's I've been able to find and begs a question from some members with a bit more knowledge when it comes to these. All I've use are cci primers and never used any 34 or 41 before. 90% of any long guns I have are AR based guns, so 34's should be useful. I know the cups are harder, so it helps against slam fires. Having 243win, 260rem, 6.5creed and 308win with lrp pockets and most likely be used for 308? Would these primers be a good substitute in 45-70 (lever gun) and bolt guns alike? I'm guessing that if the hammer spring has enough force it should make it fire and/or bolt guns also? On another note has anyone used federal's AR primers?
    Venture Surplus ad

Ab17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    Driftwood
    I’ve used these for a number of bolt guns and never had any issues. Pull trigger and they go bang. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them on any of those cartridges you mentioned.

These days I am glad to get any LRPs, without paying $20/100. I'd buy up more CCI 34 is I saw them at a decent price.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I’ve used these for a number of bolt guns and never had any issues. Pull trigger and they go bang. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them on any of those cartridges you mentioned.

These days I am glad to get any LRPs, without paying $20/100. I'd buy up more CCI 34 is I saw them at a decent price.
    Try natchez.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I
    $109 per thousand! Man I was having heart burn when they were $75-80 per thousand. Guess I better mentally prepare to pay through the nose.
    I've seen it worse.
    Keep checking your local Academy. Mine didn't have any LR but had some SR for $7/100. More for $10/100 too (Federal Match SP and SR).

Not great but available.
    Amarillo is the closest academy and they never have anything. Every once in a while they'll have very few bullets and a pound or 2 of powder.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom