• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    Went out for a little 32-20 rifle and revolver shooting this afternoon, Winchester and Colt. The bullets from this Accurate mold perform well in both.
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• the32-20.jpg
      the32-20.jpg
      149.1 KB · Views: 81

Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    The Colt snubbie is chambered in 32-20 as well. I've always found it interesting how long the 32-20 lasted, for some time ammunition companies loaded two versions, one for rifles like the 92 pictured and one for everything else. This probably resulted in damaged guns, but could explain why the cartridge carried over up to the .357 magnum era. I've seen Colt police revolvers chambered in it and have wondered which police departments used them.

38wcf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Linn county, KS
    Got my first 32-20 in 1955, a beat up 1873 rifle with a shot-out barrel. Kept it a long time but traded it for a Colt Anaconda when they first came out. Now, in my Cowboy shooting days, I have a pair of Uberti SAA, a Uberti 73 carbine plus a One of 500 carbine from Miroku and a ca 1917 1892 rifle which looks like it spent years sitting in the corner of somebodys corn crib but still shoots great. And a 1930s Colt Police Positive. Great cartridge for fun shooting, cheap and easy to load for. I use 4.3 gr of Unique or H Universal and a 100-115 gr bullet. Only down side is short case life due to neck splits. If you want a fun plinker, try to find a 32-20.

Top Bottom