• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Wish I would have known these things were worth some money. At the range I worked at, the owner was and attorney. He ended up with several thousand pulled .30 cal AP bullets as well as .50 cal AP incendiary bullets as partial payment for his services. One day they vanished from the safe, and coincidently, it was about the time our "gunsmith" was let go.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I get the gist of what you're saying, but it seems like a bit of an excuse (not yours) to me just like "high capacity magazines". Any rifle round of decent caliber would be able to penetrate a storage tank, and you certainly wouldn't need anything beyond a 147gr ball round 308 to do that. The Feds' opinions on just about everything hasn't carried much weight weight with me for a long time. All they're doing is pumping up the fear because of how something is identified and 'armor peircing' is another one of those things. The BATF seems to be good at identifying and making folks scared of them scary things nowadays.
    Those round apparently couldnt penetrate the tanks. If you listen to the video, and from reporting, of the shooting, he tried a couple dozen times with those reloaded black tip rounds the guy made him.

Top Bottom