• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScPiper9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Boerne, TX
    Is there any place that has new 30-06 brass? All I'm fi ding is once-fired. Or if anyone is getting rid of 30-06 brass? I only need about 1 - 200 pieces.
    DK Firearms

ScPiper9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Boerne, TX
    I have a hard time trusting that they actually were only fired once. Most say they were policed at indoor ranges or ranges in general, I won't police my brass if it's close to the end of their life. I would assume others do the same thing

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I have a hard time trusting that they actually were only fired once. Most say they were policed at indoor ranges or ranges in general, I won't police my brass if it's close to the end of their life. I would assume others do the same thing
    Well when you visit an outdoor range and you watch a guy shoot his rounds and place the spents back in the original box of 20. Then watch him him toss it in the trash you know they were new. Been collecting brass since 1980s like that. Never have I had an issue. Kinda easy to know new from reloaded several times as well. Just trying to save you hassles time and money.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    You can also check the primers. Especially on LC brass and see if they are original or not.
    The other question would be, how many times do you think you will reload them? And then, how many times do you think you can reload them? At less than 1/2 the cost of new, it's still a bargin.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

ScPiper9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Boerne, TX
    OP must be very new to reloading. I have some but it might have crimped primers which would really have him wondering.
    Lol I know how to remove a military crimp. I have both an RCBS casing prep station and a Lyman primer pocket kit. But I tend to prefer the Lyman over RCBS

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    I just started my journey in the reloading world. I seen guys open boxes and just toss them. I think that's the reason why I stopped because I ran out of room to store them when I lived in an apt. Now if see brass I pick that up just like if I see a penny on the ground.

That's money in our world... hahaha

Top Bottom