• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zapp

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I went to a restaurant that had both of these up. I haven't seen many of these signs up at other places. Is there a website anywhere that lists the businesses that are not friendly to carry? I would just as soon not support businesses that restrict carry. But if I needed to go for whatever reason, it would be nice to know beforehand that they have those policies. I checked the businesses website, they don't state that anywhere.

Thanks!
    Lynx Defense

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I do everything possible to not give $$ to businesses that ban CCW. I’m kind of a hypocrite in that I’ll patronize 30.07 businesses, though.

What happens if they have no 30.05 sign up? Leave permits in car and carry?? Joking. Don’t do this without knowing the legalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    It seems to me the only sign to prohibit concealed carry by LTC is the .06, and I try to not go to those places. The .05 and .07 do not bother me. But when we had the grandkids last week they wanted to go to Grimaldi Pizza at La Cantera, a 30.06 location so I complied. Then another day eat at Mi Terra and shop at the Mercado. Mi Tierra had the .07 sign and the mercado the .06 sign so once again I complied. Then someone wanted to visit the Numbnutz (Nimitz) Museum here in the Big Town. The have all three signs, .05; .06; and .07, I did not go; I just dropped them off and went home.

Last edited:

Zapp

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Haha, I was wondering about that myself about a 30.06 sign, but no 30.05.

I do see a difference in a business having a 30.06 and a 30.07 sign as mentioned above.

I make an income from the firearms industry, so I feel like I shouldn't spend money in places that have an anti gun policy. Every time I avoid spending money at a place like that, that get's me that much closer to the next gun purchase :)

Zapp

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Then someone wanted to visit the Numbnutz (Nimitz) Museum here in the Big Town. The have all three signs, .05; .06; and .07, I did not go; I just dropped them off and went home.

That saved me a trip there. I've been wanting to check that area out, and a museum would normally be on the to do list. Any other places in Fredericksburg you'd recommend visiting that don't have those signs?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    What happens if they have no 30.05 sign up? Leave permits in car and carry?? Joking. Don’t do this without knowing the legalities.
    I don't think the legalities are clear yet. Can you permitless carry and LTC carry at the same time? If you are not carrying your LTC permit are you permitless carrying? Are you less of a citizen carrying without your LTC permit on you? I have not seen a legal determination yet. Is a no guns sign a 30.05 sign? Not decided yet.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Will that legal determination be done by way of prosecution? Or is it possible to get a legal ruling before that?
    The attorney general of Texas won't answer these legal questions if you ask them. I am a Texas Law Shield member and could ask them but they give a non binding opinion. For example, I asked about 30.05 signs and they said that a no guns sign is enough to be considered a 30.05 and that the 30.05 wording is not obligatory by law. So who knows?

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    A local convenience store I use because it has a contract post office in it has a no guns sign that doesn't meet legal requirements, so I ignore it. It has TABC requirements, company policy items, and a very small 30.06 sign on the larger sign. Letters are about 3/8 inch tall, nowhere near the required one inch.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Will that legal determination be done by way of prosecution? Or is it possible to get a legal ruling before that?

Yes.

(effectively) No. an AG opinion could provide insight, but localities aren’t required to follow an AG opinion.

Bottom line on all the signs is it’s an honor system.

It takes a whole lot of effort for you to be trespassed and the trespasser can’t he prevented from leaving while waiting for an LEO to show up to formally trespass you. Then, if you’re like a lot of people, you have a defense to prosecution available, so you can tell that to the cop and he’ll likely say just don’t come back and there will be no formal record of trespass.

But, if you’ve been an asshole about leaving long enough for a cop to get involved, you probably are just an asshole.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    A local convenience store I use because it has a contract post office in it has a no guns sign that doesn't meet legal requirements, so I ignore it. It has TABC requirements, company policy items, and a very small 30.06 sign on the larger sign. Letters are about 3/8 inch tall, nowhere near the required one inch.
    That is the question. Legal requirements for what? The recommended wording for 30.05 and I say recommended because the law says may use not must use. I assume you have a LTC but if you were CC would you be trespassing with a no guns sign? Nobody knows yet.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It takes a whole lot of effort for you to be trespassed and the trespasser can’t he prevented from leaving while waiting for an LEO to show up to formally trespass you. Then, if you’re like a lot of people, you have a defense to prosecution available, so you can tell that to the cop and he’ll likely say just don’t come back and there will be no formal record of trespass.
    Not quite sure you are right. 30.06 sign, you enter the store, you are printing enough to alert the management, they call the cops who show up fast (this is not Houston) and they get you for trespass. For sure if the cops tell you to leave and you don't they will arrest you but they may arrest you anyhow, at least I think they could. A legal sign, they don't have to give you a verbal "you must leave". What say you?

Top Bottom