• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I just picked up a Ruger single six flat top dating from about 1969. It is unconverted, (7.5" barrel?) and only has the 22 wmr cylinder. While the bluing is in okay condition, the anodized aluminum grip frame and ejector rod housing have some scars from honest use.
    I'm a sucker for old Rugers (and Colt SAA's) and have a couple of "nicer" specimens I rarely carry/shoot. I figured I would use this one as a 4-wheeler/truck gun.
    I gave it a good cleaning and it looks much better. It was REALLY dirty and had an acculation of muck and grime in all the screwslots. Now find myself wanting a .22 lr cylinder!
    Where can I get one and how probable is it that it will need to be fitted? Remember, this is an Old Model, unconverted 3 Screw.
    Did all of them ship with both cylinders or did some arrive only with 22 WMR?
    It also came with a very dirty, vintage Hunter holster that is now drying after a good scrubbing. It needs a snap repaired and I've already ordered a snap repair kit from Amazon.
    I'll post pics shortly.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• 20210110_132040.jpg
      20210110_132040.jpg
      784.6 KB · Views: 53
    Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I just picked up a Ruger single six flat top dating from about 1969. It is unconverted, (7.5" barrel?) and only has the 22 wmr cylinder. While the bluing is in okay condition, the anodized aluminum grip frame and ejector rod housing have some scars from honest use.
    I'm a sucker for old Rugers (and Colt SAA's) and have a couple of "nicer" specimens I rarely carry/shoot. I figured I would use this one as a 4-wheeler/truck gun.
    I gave it a good cleaning and it looks much better. It was REALLY dirty and had an acculation of muck and grime in all the screwslots. Now find myself wanting a .22 lr cylinder!
    Where can I get one and how probable is it that it will need to be fitted? Remember, this is an Old Model, unconverted 3 Screw.
    Did all of them ship with both cylinders or did some arrive only with 22 WMR?
    It also came with a very dirty, vintage Hunter holster that is now drying after a good scrubbing. It needs a snap repaired and I've already ordered a snap repair kit from Amazon.
    I'll post pics shortly.
    Nice find!

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Nice revolver there. I have two myself. One in .22lr the other is .357mag. Would like to get one in in .45 long colt someday and a lever action rifle in same caliber too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom