• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    thumbnail.jpeg

Left to right Steyr SSG PII .308, O3A3 SBR in .308, Remington 700 .416 Remington Magnum.
    Guns International

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nice guns. Nice Baboon.

Wasn’t there a movie by that name?
    I wouldn't be surprised about a movie title. A friend spent a night with his Labrador who spent 2 prior days breeding. Watching him around the baboon was funny as shit. When he first mad eye contact he was scared, then he whent to dick sniffing

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Be fun to see what that .416 could do to a hog....
    I shot my Steenbok with the .416 (phone is charging)Hunting buddy brained two warthogs with his .500 Nitro Express. One did the JFK dance, the other one took the shot and stood rocking for a minute before rolling over. The price of ammo makes it stupid to shoot small shit with.

As aside note those large heavy cailbers are known to detach retinas & dislocate shoulders. My .416 is a lite weight gun compared to the buddies double rifle in .500. My thinking is I have to carry it more the shoot it. The last PH I hunted with stopped bringing his rifle for the weight to carry it, on stalks.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I get enough punishment from my 7mm WSM so big bores aren't on my short list. The retina thing doesn't exactly motivate me either. At 44 I'm already feeling my age more than I'd like to. Probably why my last rifle purchase was a Tikka 3x tac A1 chambered in 6.5 creedmor. Figured if I wanted to have some long range fun I'd prefer to do it without beating myself up. Great collection though Baboon your toys always put a smile on my face.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Nice collection, I’m intrigued by the 03A3. Neat idea to sbr it. Is it your night time hog blaster?

The baboon in the mix is a nice touch. Is that the only one you took?

I’ve never been to Africa, the wife & I talked about going a few years back. Ironically warthogs & baboons were the only thing I was really interested in blasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nice collection, I’m intrigued by the 03A3. Neat idea to sbr it. Is it your night time hog blaster?

The baboon in the mix is a nice touch. Is that the only one you took?

I’ve never been to Africa, the wife & I talked about going a few years back. Ironically warthogs & baboons were the only thing I was really interested in blasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I have yet to blood the O3A3. The Suppressor is a John's Guns Palastine Texas. The scope is illuminated, but I never even tried piggy backing the PVS-14 to it. If I'm gount to hunt the night I wear the PVS-14 & mount the DBAL to the piston uppered with suppressor.

As far as the baboon look for the story in the early TGT post. Warthogs are way to easy to shoot.

Top Bottom