2x 200 (195cc) Yamaha Blasters from out of state... (One has title, the other: no record of ownership...)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Rusk County
    And as far as the 16 year old law for driving a quad on private property...

Was the local off-road shop full of crap?

Last edited:

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    A while back I bought two quads and a trailer from a guy in AZ. I had to get the trailer inspected to get the title and registration issued. Title for the quads was easy, pay money get titles. Good luck with your adventure

Eastexasrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Federal law. I have never heard of this, but other than BLM / National Forrest land how would the federal government have any jurisdiction over our off road toys?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    "Now per my recent title experience:
    If the trailer is declared " Home Made, Non-titled" and its GVW is 4,000. pounds or less, you do NOT need to title it in Texas. You still need to REGISTER it. Big difference. You get a plate all the same, but no Blue Title."

Home made OR manufactured, if below (maybe up to and including) 4000# GVWR, no requirement for title.

I can't seem to find DMV trailer info right now but I'm Peaking at Twins and not gonna put any more effort into it. :evil:

I have a homemade trailer and it is not titled but is registered.

It was my dads, then mine. I went to register it and told them I had a homemade tailed I needed a tag for. $54 and I had one.

I’ve hauled two untitled 4 wheelers all over the place. They have been mostly used on private or leased land. But I’ve done it for around 20 years and never been questioned or stopped.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Federal law. I have never heard of this, but other than BLM / National Forrest land how would the federal government have any jurisdiction over our off road toys?

BLM does have rules. But the out of state stickers I’ve seen were issued by state agencies. License plates are not always required, but the state permit and maybe a BLM permit is required.

Top Bottom