• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Here is the second of two testimonials from this past weekends class in Cresson, TX that demonstrate the quality of training that we at CWS offer. Our testimonial page is full of positive reviews showing that we truly are a reality based training company, plus more. So with a highly accredited staff, class prices only at $130 a day, and holding almost 30 classes a year throughout the state of Texas we have one question for the members here on TGT. Why haven't we seen any of you? Come check us out. You won't be disappointed. Get out, train hard, and stay safe. Plenty of feedback on our testimonial page on our website at Tactical Weapon Training Classes Austin Texas

CWS Spartan Helmet Logo.jpg
    Review / AAR – Combative Weapon Solutions : low light tactics / active shooter response class
    -
    Here is the deal , everyday we wake up there is a chance that we will encounter violence. If you don’t believe that well then I probably just can’t reach you then. Now we are humans so we seek out ways to increase our survivability in those encounters. So we arm our self and get a CHL and then boom…we are ready for anything.
    We can’t be more wrong.
    I don’t care what high speed low drag pistol you have or holster you carry (or if you wear the 5.11 tuxedo everyday). You can have all the proper equipment in the world but it is not hardware that wins gunfights it’s software (knowledge , training , experience).
    That’s where proper education comes into play. This class was divided into two days Our low light and active shooter response. Lets break it down…
    -
    Low light : Have you ever tried to walk through your house in the dark and hit you leg on the coffee table? Yea of course you have…because everything ( including familiar) things change in the dark. That being said now consider defending yourself or loved ones in low light / no light conditions with a flashlight and a tool that discharges deadly force?

Mind Blown right? The low light section of class enables the student to grasp core concepts of types of light and how effective they can be to your advantage or disadvantage as well as what are the failure points of that light. The various types of flashlight ( sorry “illumination tool” if you speak Operator) positions and holds are gone over and addressed with how effective they are in different situations / positions. You are also taught to move methodically through rooms with the point that we are not out on a Seal Team Delta 6 hunter / killer black ops mission. There can be and will be people in the dark that you must not shoot. This is not a game of flashlight tag at dusk or in the dark. I have taken this section before from the CWS and not only do I refine and learn new things every time but the equipment and didactic section evolves with student input and instructor guidance. Needless to say the second time around was just as important than the first.
    -
    Active Shooter Response : This is reality…the harsh and bitter truth. I won’t go on to elaborate examples much because well look at the news. Anytime and anywhere someone may just decide it’s a fine day to go killing. Remember and active shooter is not just high profile events like school shootings it can happen in your town at any event. To some people life has no value. Remember that. This class was based upon you being alone or with family you need to defend in an Active Shooter event. This is statistically true due to major metropolitan police response on average being 7 minutes and a full mass killing lasting between 3-8 minutes or so. You do the math…you will be alone and there is no “4 man DEVGRU or SWAT team Operators” to back you up. Uncommon shooting positions will be taught and run through. You will efficiently and safely work your weapon on your back , side ect ect. Now teaching shooting from different positions is quite common…..unfortunately in the real world we have tables and chairs and couches and walls in the way. Incorporating shooting with “barricades” is essential if you are going to win a gunfight in the real world. You will be moving and shooting for accuracy and combat effectiveness. This is not a “square range” I am going to shoot 10000 rounds into a target day. If you train in a square range you can only hope to survive a gun fight standing up in a telephone booth ( if you are too young Google “Telephone Booth:). Get used to getting dirty , dusty and possibly *gasp* scratching your weapon on this day. The real world starts here.
    -
    In closing if would touch on three things : The instructor cadre , how they push you and live fire.
    This class incorporates live fire throughout…You will be running your weapon in almost no light ( never ever take a shot without positive threat identification) in confined spaces and while moving / in odd positions. CWS understands that while this may be seen as a risk they have gone to extensive measures to make it as safe as possible and plan for the worse.
    ( my tactical medic buddies should know there was a plan about landing areal assets and medics on scene with equipment). That being said you do not know how different it is to reload , clear malfunctions ect until you have done so in the dark (remember the coffee table?) or in a odd position. New level all together. During the two days you will be stressed….no really they will stress your cardiovascular and mental aspects. I wont go into detail how but for those of you that have taken Cypress Creek EMS’s TOMS course…..yea it’s a lot like that. When SHTF you will not be calm , any skill worth doing must be done under body alarm response. This is an on the move / in the dark gunfight not a “gundisagreement”.

Finally I would like to mention the instructor cadre. They bring real world experience and hours and hours of self study the table. A thing that impresses me is the rate in which they take other classes…..any teacher worth learning from is forever a good student. They will push you (no really they will push you) but only because if not what is the purpose? You have to learn to fight and funnel violence to a threat as fast as possible without killing anyone that must not be killed. They will test your resolve. They do so without being all “well i am operator as f*ck and you don’t know”. They are approachable , genuine and real.
    Software wins gunfights and will enable you and your loved ones to survive. Without knowledge and only a tool you are inherently borderline dangerous. In order to be prepared you must train and train…with that I would recommend Combative Weapon Solutions for real , relevant , and realistic instruction. Check out their FB / website and share it ( FB sucks these days for page reach btw) and look at their class schedule.
    Thanks for reading and stay frosty out there.

Jeremiah Z. | Sept, 2014
    Target Sports

Top Bottom