• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    At long last, our fabulous co-host, Erik The Red, joins us to discuss some of the other bills from the last session in Texas and we discuss some ridiculousness that’s been introduced in DC by those who believe that guns just jump up and shoot themselves!

2A Sanctuary State
    Emergency Powers Bill
    Foster Parent Bill
    Red Flag Law
    Beto's Governor's race
    Expansion of handgun age from 18 to 21?
    Redistricting efforts
    ARJ Defense ad

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Okay, has anyone noticed a difference in the audio between the first and second episodes?

Watched it yesterday, 08 Dec. Sounded a tiny bit better, but the echo was still there. Do you by any chance, have a large gun totin' stuffed animal? IF you do, putting in between the two chairs and behind the mic would soften things up some and get rid of the echoey sound.

Overall though, it was pretty good.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Watched it yesterday, 08 Dec. Sounded a tiny bit better, but the echo was still there. Do you by any chance, have a large gun totin' stuffed animal? IF you do, putting in between the two chairs and behind the mic would soften things up some and get rid of the echoey sound.

Overall though, it was pretty good.
    LOL ...that would be a cool thing to have! Would that I did! The echo comes from the 12 foot ceilings in my house. I am trying to work that problem out. Problem is, I am doing this on a shoestring budget so I can save every penny for election support. Bear with me!

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    LOL ...that would be a cool thing to have! Would that I did! The echo comes from the 12 foot ceilings in my house. I am trying to work that problem out. Problem is, I am doing this on a shoestring budget so I can save every penny for election support. Bear with me!
    Understood on the penny budget. Been through that a few times.

How about a spare area rug, or two, that can be placed under the chairs and in front of, or behind you? Even a bath mat or two will absorb some of the echo and soften it up.

Just an idea.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Understood on the penny budget. Been through that a few times.

How about a spare area rug, or two, that can be placed under the chairs and in front of, or behind you? Even a bath mat or two will absorb some of the echo and soften it up.

Just an idea.
    What you can't see is a whole living room in front of us...couch, area rug, 10 ft Christmas tree etc. I absolutely will try the bath mats if I can get them out of the video picture. Any ideas as this point are helpful. Thanks so much!

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Some tips on reducing echo here
    emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    So if I'm reading this correctly, they want me to have a different microphone. Legit but I need to have an audience before I can personally justify spending any more money on the show, ya know?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    If it's delay echo from a monitor speaker, turn off the speaker. If it's delay echo caused by sound 'reflections' from the room, only softening 'stuff' will reduce it. Try a large umbrella & bath towel on it, above you.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    If it's delay echo from a monitor speaker, turn off the speaker. If it's delay echo caused by sound 'reflections' from the room, only softening 'stuff' will reduce it. Try a large umbrella & bath towel on it, above you.
    Wow now that's some out of the box thinking! I'll try that on Episode 4. (We've already taped Episode 3 and it'll drop tomorrow)

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So if I'm reading this correctly, they want me to have a different microphone. Legit but I need to have an audience before I can personally justify spending any more money on the show, ya know?

The article assumes you have a usb mic…so the solutions are limited to those.

What mic do you have?

Also check your PM’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

Haven't heard the new episode yet but look forward to it this evening.

If you need some sound/acoustical treatment advise I can help you out. Shoot me a pm if you need some advice.

Top Bottom