• Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    We had a problem with our well/tank.

The guy who came out to fix it (and did) was a young guy...probably 28 to 30. Hey, my Daughter is 54 and my Grands are adults...so I get to call him a 'young guy'.

I had a perfectly good, professional grade spray painter and all the goodies to go with it. I payed a small fortune for it. I used it once to spray our then wooden corral fence, which has since been replaced with a really fine metal fence. So, I don't need it and it was taking up room in my 'cah-hole' as Moe Slezack says on "The Simpson"!

I asked him if he'd have any use for it, as I was 'giving it away' if he wanted it. He was overjoyed...then I had another 'give away'. A 10 HP grinder/shredder. He took that too.

Doing this made my day.

These items weren't doing me any good. I'd quit using them, tho they were in first class operating condition...thus finding them a new home was just fine with me. Plus, this guy was a very nice guy, so that goes a long way with me...

I realize some of us don't have the 'latitude' to give away - but, I'm in the very fortunate category so that I can give away...fk a bunch of selling valuable items, if you can, give to those who appreciate your being able to 'give away'...

Damn I didn't realize you were that ancient :-p

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Kudos for doing that. And yes, some just don't have the "latitude" to be able to afford to give away good usable items, and do need to sell them.

Some sell firearms to fund another firearm they would rather have. Some are selling to pay bills.
    I sell to buy something different. I have a set budget for firearms and that is the easiest way to replenish funds.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I gave it all away and got cheated in the process by 'poor' whiners and beggers that lied and cheated and stole and I watched it happen all my life. I came on here because I live in TX now and I wanted my treasures to go to people in TX or trade for something I can use still, instead of some rich guy in NY up north who will flip it for cash. Lots of folks cash out on Gunbroker or part out on the bay but I chose here instead and did my part with more than 25 and played by the rules and now I think maybe I should cash out on Gunbroker and pay my local 'honest' FFL to handle it so I don't get cheated by some greedscammer with a sob story I fell for, like last time I sold locally. At least I told the truth.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    A couple of years ago, I was poking some fun at noob about getting his 25 posts in so he could head to the Classifieds, and he proceeded to "chastise" me for my comments towards him. But my suspicions were validated once he hit 28 posts, he went to the Classifieds and started several ads with guns for sale and never has been back to the forum to participate.
    shocked.jpg

Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that coming.

seacam

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    Austin
    I have been a member for a long time. I don’t usually make a lot of posts or chase a post count. I read and observe and draw my own conclusions so I have a low post count.

I prefer to keep my mouth shut and have people think I’m not very bright, rather than open my mouth and prove them right.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm glad the post count requirements are in place. Although I welcome people even if they are here just to sell. Maybe we get someone moving some estate items at fair prices or get a chance to help someone out whose been hit with medical bills or other misfortune. I know it's played out like that a few times.

I tend to gravitate to my interests anyhow so I'm usually buried in the reloading section or gunsmithing. Hunting and fishing when the season's right,etc. Even if they just pay for the membership añd ghost us at least they're contributing somehow.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Well, you’re full of shit. The only place you can’t post is in the Classified section. You also can’t send PMs.

Please review the rules, 25 quality posts or become a site supporter.
    And to think, these people have guns. That's the thing that should make you wake up at night in a cold sweat...

Top Bottom