• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm glad when they post their intentions up front. Let's me know who not to reply to or buy from.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Most of those that broadcast that their intentions are to get 25 posts. or automatically buy a membership so they can avail themselves of the Classified Section, I put on ignore.Vast majority never participate in the forum anyways.

I think many are just using the forum to sell their stuff for free since other places started charging a fee to sell or buy from their sites.

And they are doing themselves no service, because the REAL members of the forum don't know them or have anything to base off of as to what type of person they are,, so I suspect most like myself are leery of doing business with them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    A couple of years ago, I was poking some fun at noob about getting his 25 posts in so he could head to the Classifieds, and he proceeded to "chastise" me for my comments towards him. But my suspicions were validated once he hit 28 posts, he went to the Classifieds and started several ads with guns for sale and never has been back to the forum to participate.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    well, I guess my posts were worthy because I got approved. wanted to keep my stuff in state anyway so eventually I'll get a round tuit and post some. can't say I'd get excited about people wanting to sell guns. if the price is right better here than 'there'. be well

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As with anything else, you get out of it what you put in it. I've avoided ads from guys here just to sell stuff, because I don't trust their word. There's others here that I'd buy from with full confidence because we've had time to get to "know" each other via this forum. Long term members here have celebrated births and grieved the loss of others' loved ones because we ARE a community. I've held back from buying a gun more than once because I knew another member wanted it, and it was going to be a few days before they'd have the funds together....and they've done the same for me.
    Other than @Dred and @Southpaw - ya gotta keep an eye on them.....lol

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've never thought of this site as a 'garage sale' locale, most likely because I NEVER sell or buy anything on a site.

I buy my 'whatever' from my local gun store or other retail store.

Plus, I never sell...I'd rather give away (and do so quite often) then have a parade of strangers annoy the shit outta me...

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    We had a problem with our well/tank.

The guy who came out to fix it (and did) was a young guy...probably 28 to 30. Hey, my Daughter is 54 and my Grands are adults...so I get to call him a 'young guy'.

I had a perfectly good, professional grade spray painter and all the goodies to go with it. I payed a small fortune for it. I used it once to spray our then wooden corral fence, which has since been replaced with a really fine metal fence. So, I don't need it and it was taking up room in my 'cah-hole' as Moe Slezack says on "The Simpson"!

I asked him if he'd have any use for it, as I was 'giving it away' if he wanted it. He was overjoyed...then I had another 'give away'. A 10 HP grinder/shredder. He took that too.

Doing this made my day.

These items weren't doing me any good. I'd quit using them, tho they were in first class operating condition...thus finding them a new home was just fine with me. Plus, this guy was a very nice guy, so that goes a long way with me...

I realize some of us don't have the 'latitude' to give away - but, I'm in the very fortunate category so that I can give away...fk a bunch of selling valuable items, if you can, give to those who appreciate your being able to 'give away'...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    We had a problem with our well/tank.

The guy who came out to fix it (and did) was a young guy...probably 28 to 30. Hey, my Daughter is 54 and my Grands are adults...so I get to call him a 'young guy'.

I had a perfectly good, professional grade spray painter and all the goodies to go with it. I payed a small fortune for it. I used it once to spray our then wooden corral fence, which has since been replaced with a really fine metal fence. So, I don't need it and it was taking up room in my 'cah-hole' as Moe Slezack says on "The Simpson"!

I asked him if he'd have any use for it, as I was 'giving it away' if he wanted it. He was overjoyed...then I had another 'give away'. A 10 HP grinder/shredder. He took that too.

Doing this made my day.

These items weren't doing me any good. I'd quit using them, tho they were in first class operating condition...thus finding them a new home was just fine with me. Plus, this guy was a very nice guy, so that goes a long way with me...

I realize some of us don't have the 'latitude' to give away - but, I'm in the very fortunate category so that I can give away...fk a bunch of selling valuable items, if you can, give to those who appreciate your being able to 'give away'...
    Kudos for doing that. And yes, some just don't have the "latitude" to be able to afford to give away good usable items, and do need to sell them.

Some sell firearms to fund another firearm they would rather have. Some are selling to pay bills.

Top Bottom