• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    Not sure if correct Forum? Did a Search best I could and don't think a Dupe....

Interesting incident and why we carry follows....

ms gamboolgal and I visited #1 Daughter in Austin for Thanksgiving and we stayed up in Round Rock so Dad could play in Poker Tournament at The Lodge.

ms gamboolgal was eating at Cracker Barrel because she likes the Dumplings and I was at the Lodge. She heard popping and everyone in Cracker Barrel was diving under tables. Pandemonium ensued

Turns out a woman had stolen a car, run from the law, run off into the Bar Ditch by the restaurant and got out with a weapon in her hand and the DPS Trooper shot her and she was DRT. Classic case of a Thug FA&FO.

ms gamboolgal had her G-26 EDC with her and she had sat so she could watch the Entrance Door. (This was on purpose...good girl) She just sat tight and was watching the Door. Turns out there was 2 Off Duty Lawmen eating there who sort of handled things.

A 16 year old girl sitting right by ms gamboolgal went into Epileptic Seizure from all the Flashing Lights.
    ms gamboolgal and her Mom helped her until EMT's came and took her off.

Interestingly, one of the Off Duty Lawmen did not have his weapon on him
    smiley_nosmile.gif
    - We can only hope and pray that he is not a Native Texan....

However, since Cracker Barrel was full of folks, I imagine there was more than a dozen and less than three dozen EDC's in the restaurant and if the Thugette had tried to enter the Front Entrance - it would likely have ended right then and there.

Lots of good Discussion and Learnings Post Incident for ms gamboolgal.

She said that I always say to have your EDC on you at all times and this was a Case In Point Lesson.

Thank God for them Texas Gals " />

Target Sports

Top Bottom