• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I went to range this weekend, and I had picked up some CCI Green Tag ammo. I wanted to know why all the hype and why so pricey.

Well, I found out why. :)

I shot a magazine with the Green Tag "1070fps", nice goup at 50 yards. Then decided to shoot some CCI Mini Mags "1260fps". I thought I had bumped the scope or something was wrong with my gun after switching ammo.
    Anyway's - I went back to the Green Tag and I was stunned. Nice sweet groups again.

I also shot some Remington SUB-SONIC "1050fps" - better than the CCI mini-mags, but not nearly as good as the Green Tag.

Wish I woulda tooks pictures of the targets for yall to see.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Green-Tag shoots well, but not nearly as well as some of the other types of ammo out there. For the price, it's right up there with Wolf Match (aka SK Target Rifle) and a few other good types of ammo. Mini-Mags grouped pretty badly in my gun also, alot of inconsistent priming and velocity out of them, but they are an excellent round for reliability and cycling, especially in pistols.

If you really want to see what a gun will do, use Eley Match. I shot sub-MOA at 100 yards (0.88 MOA) with Eley Match EPS.

Top Bottom