• mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Here is some brass to compare

Left is 224 Valkyrie, middle 6.5 Grendel, left 5.56

I was at the range veterans day shooting my 458 SOCOM for the first time and I thought I found a ton of 6.5 Grendel brass in a pile. Turns out half were 224 V. They look identical.

25ce740e1c0c78514f2835f32fe07770.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 25ce740e1c0c78514f2835f32fe07770.jpg
      25ce740e1c0c78514f2835f32fe07770.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 687

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Here is some brass to compare

Left is 224 Valkyrie, middle 6.5 Grendel, left 5.56

I was at the range veterans day shooting my 458 SOCOM for the first time and I thought I found a ton of 6.5 Grendel brass in a pile. Turns out half were 224 V. They look identical.

View attachment 192773

so how was your SOCOM? I love mine.......ammo is expensive though

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    It is pretty expensive. I'll be buying a set of dies and stocking projectiles soon.

I only brought 20rds of SBR ammo.
    It was a test fire on an upper I built.

2 things I didn't like.

3 times the hammer dropped and the firing pin barely hit the primer. I had to restrike to shoot. I'm hoping its not a problem with my Geissele 3gun trigger being too light on my hammer spring.

And my brass was ejecting very far forward, making me think I am severely overgassed. I was using a rifle size buffer weight. I might have to get an adjustable gas block. Or try adding some tungsten to a rifle buffer.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    It is pretty expensive. I'll be buying a set of dies and stocking projectiles soon.

I only brought 20rds of SBR ammo.
    It was a test fire on an upper I built.

2 things I didn't like.

3 times the hammer dropped and the firing pin barely hit the primer. I had to restrike to shoot. I'm hoping its not a problem with my Geissele 3gun trigger being too light on my hammer spring.

And my brass was ejecting very far forward, making me think I am severely overgassed. I was using a rifle size buffer weight. I might have to get an adjustable gas block. Or try adding some tungsten to a rifle buffer.

I'd get an adjustable gas block. Adding weight can help, but it's only a bandaid fix. Generally speaking, ejection pattern isn't a big deal. As long as the gun shoots and functions fine it's best to leave it alone.

I don't know about their 3 gun trigger, but the SSA and SSA-E use mil-spec hammer spring weights.

I'd try more ammo to be sure

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I'd get an adjustable gas block. Adding weight can help, but it's only a bandaid fix. Generally speaking, ejection pattern isn't a big deal. As long as the gun shoots and functions fine it's best to leave it alone.

I don't know about their 3 gun trigger, but the SSA and SSA-E use mil-spec hammer spring weights.

I'd try more ammo to be sure
    I agree with the adjustable gas block. Considering I use the lower with a 223 Lilja barreled upper as well and it runs fine with standard weight buffers.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Along the same lines, I'm guessing a 5.56/.223 can will work on this caliber as well?
    The caliber would be compatible.

Most suppressors are built well enough to handle higher pressures but I'd check with the manufacturer.

Not all 30cal cans are designed to withstand a 300 RUM on a 10" barrel.

And I might not trust a radical firearms suppressor on a higher pressure 224 round.

But like I said check with the manufacturer.

Top Bottom