• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Before I run through a hundred boxes of who knows what, anyone have any tried and true for this dealio? Been almost 2 years in the making but she’s ready to fire.
    Hurley's Gold

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So far, mine does well with Federal American Eagle 75grn. But rach rifle is different.
    Mine also seems to be very picky as far as ammo. The first pic shows targets 1-3 for the same bullet and powder in .2gr increments of powder. The second pic shows a nice group. The targets on each side of it, .2gr up and down, were 1 1/2-2 moa. Mine are reloads. If you are not going to reload, pretty much all you can do is try different brands and bullet weights to see what your rifle likes. And what it doesn't.
    7f2d315df86d44c84f899786c9d9cb2a.jpg
    69c70cd0e5c91fb2e052c016894af83d.jpg

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I tried everything in the one I had and the Federal/ AE cheap stuff did the best.

I didn't say it did great though, just the best of about 8 different offerings I tried.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I don't own one but I have yet to see any valkryie that could consistently shoot sub moa. I know in the early days it was barrel issues but overall I think the cartridge just has limited potential for accuracy. Don't mean to sound like a hater but I think 1.5 moa may be as good as it gets. Especially if you're talking 5 shot groups.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I appreciate the input. I am just curious of y’all’s experiences and were you settled at. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some that started off so-so and got better through experimentation. Some not so much. Got a great deal on the upper, great enough that if turns out to be a turd I won’t mind have minute of a dead coke can upper. TBD, in the meantime I’m picking up a variety and I’ll see how it goes.

Top Bottom