• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I've never bought a new springer. Currently have a Beeman Hurricane, Beeman C-1 and a HY-SCORE 809. The Hurricane gets alot of use. So I recommend anyone serious look for an older gun from a reputable european [Beeman, Webley, Diana, RWS, Weihrauch, etc], on one of the airgun forum classifieds. I would expect them to shoot much better and last longer than anything new for equivalent prices.

leVieux

Old Guy "Lost my guns in move to nursing home."
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    My question was related to relative accuracy of the "break bbl" models. Just from looking, if the sights are mounted on the receiver but the barrel is moveable, it looks like a major weakness.

How bad is this at usual air rifle ranges, say 30 to 40 or 50 yards ? I'm not a precision target guy, so my concern is re pests & small game.

Our rural 3.5ac yard has a horde of fox squirrels, toads, crows, gators, snakes, possums, coons, rats, & tons of feral cats, w/ 270' Bayou front and 300' small l drainage canal frontage. Seems that some of those would eat the others, but all we see is dead songbird remains.

leVieux

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Yes and no... scopes are mounted on the 'receiver' spring tube and work fine. The barrel should lock up when it's closed the same every time because it's a spring loaded lockup. if the barrel wobbles it won't shoot good anyway, and needs to be tightened somehow. Usually they lock up tight. My break barrels are all decades old and work fine with scopes as the lockup remains tight. Shouldn't be a worry. Ask the same question on the springer section of the GTA or AirgunNation forums for a more qualified response. They are great forums too. what air rifle do you have?

Side lever and bottom lever air rifles don't have this problem.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I have an RWS (German made) break barrel in .177 cal / 1000 fps and the pellets I fire are 'very accurate' up to 30 or so yards.

Actually, it may be just as accurate even further than that, but my quarry is usually within 30 yds...

leVieux

Old Guy "Lost my guns in move to nursing home."
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    Yes and no... scopes are mounted on the 'receiver' spring tube and work fine. The barrel should lock up when it's closed the same every time because it's a spring loaded lockup. if the barrel wobbles it won't shoot good anyway, and needs to be tightened somehow. Usually they lock up tight. My break barrels are all decades old and work fine with scopes as the lockup remains tight. Shouldn't be a worry. Ask the same question on the springer section of the GTA or AirgunNation forums for a more qualified response. They are great forums too. what air rifle do you have?

Side lever and bottom lever air rifles don't have this problem.
    I haven’t owned one in decades but now NEED one and am “looking”. The old ones were Benjamin .22 pumps back in the 1940’ & ‘50’s. Those worked quite well, IIRC. Thanks for your reply ! LeVieux

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I still love my RWS 34 in .22. I”m a general danger to rodents within the vicinity.

Top Bottom