• wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    NEW CALIBER: 21 SHARP​
    From Savage ad I received: https://savagearms.com/firearms/model/b-series-f

Winchester just dropped the next evolution of rimfire calibers with the 21 Sharp! The 21 Sharp takes rimfire performance to new heights by eliminating the bullet heel step of the 22 LR, allowing for enhanced accuracy, better ballistic performance, and a wider range of bullet types that can be used in the cartridge. We are excited to announce that Savage is chambering 21 Sharp in four rifles!​

Last edited:

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    While I applaud thinking outside the box, this new cartridge will require a new rifle - or at least a new barrel. The cartridge case is identical in dimensions to .22 LR; the bore is not. While I tend to be a pessimist, I don't see this becoming the next big deal in rimfire rifles and cartridges.

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I have both a Savage M93 in 22mag and a CZ455 in 17HMR and both are very accurate but I feel the 17HMR is a bit flatter shooting at 100 yds.
    Savage.M93.22WMR.png
    CZ455.17HMR.png

wiredgeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I will be interested in seeing the comparison of the 21Sharp to either the 22mag or 17HMR ballistics. Not much is known at this point and there may be a reason that Winchester developed this round.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I had a 5mm Remington and sold it due to the ammo shortage - one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done!

I know a guy who runs Varminter Magazine.com and he was a huge reason aguila brought back the 5mm

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    .21 sharp was announced over a year ago, and aside from some press release stuff and a few forum posts, there's been nothing.

In short, this is worse than the .30SC and anyone who buys it is a total moron.

All hail the new best round ever made! I can't wait to get my .21 sharp subforum...

Top Bottom