• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Finally got to the doc while experiencing my issue this week. Tests ran and all really bad diagnoses eliminated. Identified the issue but not the why. Got meds that we are hopeful will work.

Ready for riding again.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Second blowout in 32 days. This one occurred six miles in on my lunch ride. Continental tires and tubes are all I’ve been able to source since Covid, but I’m less than impressed with the Contitube Race 28 tubes so far and they aren’t exactly cheap, either.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Second blowout in 32 days. This one occurred six miles in on my lunch ride. Continental tires and tubes are all I’ve been able to source since Covid, but I’m less than impressed with the Contitube Race 28 tubes so far and they aren’t exactly cheap, either.
    Odd. Conti has always been a high quality product. I run their tubes in my Michelin or Conti tires.

If you think they are expensive check out latex inner tubes

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Odd. Conti has always been a high quality product. I run their tubes in my Michelin or Conti tires.

If you think they are expensive check out latex inner tubes

Until the last 18 months, I’ve been a Michelin guy, so maybe this is just an anomaly. I’m going to do a real good inspection of the wheel tonight to make sure I haven’t missed a burr or something poking thru the liner.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Until the last 18 months, I’ve been a Michelin guy, so maybe this is just an anomaly. I’m going to do a real good inspection of the wheel tonight to make sure I haven’t missed a burr or something poking thru the liner.

I had a similar issue. Turns out I had tiny piece of steel cable in my tire that was puncturing the tube.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Galaxy Bicycles in San Marcos has been my go to. No issues getting the tubeless there

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Aluminum splinter in the sidewall of the hoop. What to to do, what to do. Shimano 105 hubs on a 32 spoke rim...Zipp 303s are always a good choice but this is a 9-speed rear. Which means a 10-speed conversion and pretty soon I might as well just buy a new bike when it comes to cost involved. Maybe I'll just re-lace the front onto a new hoop and look like hobo.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Aluminum splinter in the sidewall of the hoop. What to to do, what to do. Shimano 105 hubs on a 32 spoke rim...Zipp 303s are always a good choice but this is a 9-speed rear. Which means a 10-speed conversion and pretty soon I might as well just buy a new bike when it comes to cost involved. Maybe I'll just re-lace the front onto a new hoop and look like hobo.
    Sandpaper?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Headed back to Nebraska a couple of weeks ago with my bike in the shop waiting for parts . Bummer.

So, only logical thing to do was buy another bike in Nebraska so I could ride.
    11F16B30-8349-454D-A4B9-9367ABBA1A45.jpeg
    picked up a Trek Crossrip for a decent price last Saturday and have put a few miles on it.
    AF274CFC-4F5A-4B14-B82D-5E5D2475B83F.jpeg

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    when you're old and haven't pedaled in a couple of years and alot of hesitation [two rundowns already, uncountable spills] how do you get back into it? No sidewalks and fast traffic neighborhood. There is a greenway trail with seems like too many hotshots I used to do when it was more family friendly. Attitude adjustment suggestions maybe? Tks

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    when you're old and haven't pedaled in a couple of years and alot of hesitation [two rundowns already, uncountable spills] how do you get back into it? No sidewalks and fast traffic neighborhood. There is a greenway trail with seems like too many hotshots I used to do when it was more family friendly. Attitude adjustment suggestions maybe? Tks
    Just get on and pedal. 5-minutes, 15-minutes, or a few hours... it doesn't matter as long as you go and enjoy it enough to go again soon.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I have circulation issues in my legs so I bought an e-bike. I never go all electric, just use the lowest setting and it gets me up some steep hills that I otherwise could not pedal. I haven't ridden a bike in years but I've put over 500 miles on it in the last 9 weeks (recently laid off so plenty of time).

I was riding at sunrise in my neighborhood streets and around a lake (1 mile trail) doing 10 miles a day. School started and due to crazy driving parents and buses, I've shifted my start time to to miss the traffic patterns but still enjoy the "cool" mornings. I get the stink eye from a couple of serious riders but I'm doing this to improve my leg circulation and I currently no longer have leg pain when walking.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom