• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Anyone else going to the Lone Star motorcycle rally in Galveston this year? This will be my first time attending the rally. Galveston is expecting an extra 500,000 people on the island during the those 4 days.
    Guns International

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Would love to one year but only worth it if staying local at least one night so too late to get in this year.

My buddy, anOTHER filthy HD rider :p , has gone every year I've known him so about 8. If you meet a guy named David, that's probably him. ;)

Have a good time, get home in one piece.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Would love to one year but only worth it if staying local at least one night so too late to get in this year.

My buddy, anOTHER filthy HD rider :p , has gone every year I've known him so about 8. If you meet a guy named David, that's probably him. ;)

Have a good time, get home in one piece.

Yeah there's no hotels available or at least reasonabley priced.

I'm tent camping at Blowout's Biker Bash campground. It's a 21 & over no rules party campground, which I'm not really in to but I'm sure I'll have fun.

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    I haven't been in a few years but last few times I went, we stayed up near Hobby, rode in to Galveston, then rode back to to the hotel. The hotel prices were the normal rate.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I just spent 15 min in a I-45 parking lot in Huntsville and at least 50 bikes rolled by, largest group MAY have been 8.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Use to never miss a rally. Now I’m old and crotchety, and haven’t even started my bike in almost a year! I’m ashamed of myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Use to never miss a rally. Now I’m old and crotchety, and haven’t even started my bike in almost a year! I’m ashamed of myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah booked the same campground for the next year, was laid off, got new job 2 years later and new bike year after then year later got tboned, leg and arm do not work so good any more.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'm tent camping at Blowout's Biker Bash campground. It's a 21 & over no rules party campground, which I'm not really in to but I'm sure I'll have fun.
    If you accidentally take pics/vids unfit to post, feel free to PM them my way. :evil:

I looked into Blowout's weeks back. While I AM in the party mood it would seem fun but I think my clock would wind down loooong before the crowds. :(

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Well TBf, did you survive? Hopefully you did, had a great time and are still driving up to Texas Yankee land. :p

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I went to the Island today but can't honestly say I went to the rally even though I rode Strand & Mechanic streets & Seawall Blvd. a bit but, I didn't walk around the venue. 362 miles total, my longest ride to date.

I've long had a fear of even driving over high bridges, particularly if they have a curve like Houston & DFW flyovers. The Fred Hartman over the ship channel was a bit of struggle going south, mainly because there's a ton of jolts from uneven pours but heading north wasn't an issue since I knew what to expect. A boring ride since it was mostly slabs and straights but still, a bad day riding is better than a good day at work.

20211107_143837.jpg

20211107_130032.jpg

Randyjaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2021
    Friendswood
    I went Friday and it was kind of boring. I have been going for about 10 years now. Friday used to be a pretty good day. The events have changed. The rodeos and Tattoo events were a real snooze.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I had a blast at Blowouts campground, seen lots of boobies, especially Saturday.

We got there on Thursday and rode to the island Friday and Saturday. The seawall and Strand we're way too crowded, we maybe spent a total of 2 hrs in Galveston.

The fun was at the campground, I got hammered Thursday and Friday night and took a break Saturday before we came home.
    It got chilly at night, I brought a tent but I slept in my trailer with a Mr Buddy heater.

I can't wait for the upcoming "Rally in the hill country" in Bandera, Tx.

Top Bottom