• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It’s not like the wheels are falling off.

But numerous outlets have shared the same headline about Ford, reaching back to the quality is job 1 campaign. Seems Ford hired someone recently whose job it is to overhaul their quality program.

They will be busy overhauling the Bronco motors.

I was talking to a guy I know that works at a Ford house, and told him I was interested in the new Broncos. He suggested I wait a couple years to let them work out all the issues.
    Guns International

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    @TheDan
    Did you ever get your Bronco? My wife put in a reservation for one last year a Black Diamond package 2.3 with 10speed transmission (auto). Aside from a few hicups, been a decent driver. It will probably never see anything but pavement.
    No, had to curtail my spending quite a bit. They are coming out with a heritage edition next year. Might entice me to finally put my order in...
    1660339335853.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    They will be busy overhauling the Bronco motors.

I was talking to a guy I know that works at a Ford house, and told him I was interested in the new Broncos. He suggested I wait a couple years to let them work out all the issues.

That’s kind of the rule for any new model or motor. Seems the problem is limited to 2.7s that appear to be dropping valves.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Ford needs to drop the gee wiz crap and go back to the roots of what the Bronco was. The reliability will come back. I have a hard time understanding the need for a high strung turbo anything for a vehicle designed primarily with an off-road cred in mind. Somebody ( I think it was on this forum) posted a test drive on the new Bronco at an off-road course. If anybody needs all the cameras and special off-road sensors and gadgets, then that person probably just sucks at driving off-road. I’m not an off-roader, so maybe I’m not seeing the full picture here

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Ford needs to drop the gee wiz crap and go back to the roots of what the Bronco was. The reliability will come back. I have a hard time understanding the need for a high strung turbo anything for a vehicle designed primarily with an off-road cred in mind. Somebody ( I think it was on this forum) posted a test drive on the new Bronco at an off-road course. If anybody needs all the cameras and special off-road sensors and gadgets, then that person probably just sucks at driving off-road. I’m not an off-roader, so maybe I’m not seeing the full picture here
    Because the gov requires it, fleet fuel averages and all. #AbolsihTheEPA

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    The Expedition, Navigator, and Maverick/Escape/Corsair were recalled due to Fire. I don’t think the Bronco was on that list

You forgot the F-150

I've seen 3 of those catch fire

2 1970's & 1 early 2000's ... the 2000 was a couple of houses down

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    EVERY Ford I've owned has been recalled for fire.
    The last new Ford I bought spent more time at the dealer than at my house. They finally bought it back after 8 months and a lawyer, and I swore never again. I have bought a couple old Broncos and an F250 since then, but nothing less than 20 years old.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    If anybody needs all the cameras and special off-road sensors and gadgets, then that person probably just sucks at driving off-road. I’m not an off-roader, so maybe I’m not seeing the full picture here
    I'm not a serious off roader either. But from what I've seen you usually have spotters to help you navigate the serious stuff. So I can see how the cameras and sensors help in the hairy stuff.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I guess I might as well pile on. I've owned 2 Fords. I had a ~96 f150 v6 manual for truck stuff in the early 2000's. It was a dog and only got around 15 mpg no matter what. I was traveling for work back then so I sold it to a friend. He used it as a general purpose vehicle and the engine gave up the ghost about 6 months after I sold it to him.

Around the same time I owned a BMW M3 convertible. I hated putting tons of miles on it for work so I traded it in on a used 99 mustang convertible. Thinking it was an American v8 with a 5 speed that would be fun to put miles on as I drove around the country for work. After about 6 months the convertible top started to leak like a sieve. Never could stop the leak. One of the front brake calipers locked up while driving. A few weeks later on a trip to the airport cruising on the highway the transmission let go. A new transmission was put in. A few weeks later as I was cruising down the streets of Birmingham I could hear the roar of bearings from the rear one day. I traded it in on a Honda Accord coupe later that week.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Because the gov requires it, fleet fuel averages and all. #AbolsihTheEPA
    I get that, but the auto mfrs are trying to be all things to everybody. 0-60 and quarter mile times should not be a factor in an off road vehicle. If you want to go fast, get a mustang. Off road, get a Bronco.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I'm not a serious off roader either. But from what I've seen you usually have spotters to help you navigate the serious stuff. So I can see how the cameras and sensors help in the hairy stuff.
    Who really takes a vehicle with this price tag off road? I’d venture to say that 99% of the owners do not do serious off-road. They are chick magnets for the beach.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I get that, but the auto mfrs are trying to be all things to everybody. 0-60 and quarter mile times should not be a factor in an off road vehicle. If you want to go fast, get a mustang. Off road, get a Bronco.
    I think it’s all they have. Certainly can’t brag about displacement, or HUGE horsepower numbers. High torque numbers and 0-60 from anemic small engines with high PSI turbos.

Or lest we forget about V8’s with cylinder deactivation with a whole other host of issues.

I own two Jeep Wranglers, both the 4.0. I’ve owned many inline six engines, Jeep 4.0, Ford 4.9 and Cummins 6.7. All of those will last until the end of time, MPG has never been a concern.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    There was a buttload of the new Broncos at the San Antonio Cars & Coffee event this morning. Even more examples than Jeeps (which never have a large showing oddly). It's almost difficult to tell them from the new JL Wrangler!

It was fun to watch the Bronco owners' faces when they thought they'd be "special" whereas there had to be at least 20-25 of them at the show! :p:p:p

Honestly, my VW Sportwagen was far more "rare" than Broncos! :cool:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom