• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well fellas, it's that time of year again where we fill up our freezers with organically raised, free range meat. :p

I just finished getting my rifle sighted in. I'm taking my old Husqvarna 9.3x57mm this year and some 285gr cast bullet loads for it. I love that thing. It's light, handy, and packs a punch. I've never taken a deer with a home cast bullet before, so I'm excited to do that. I'm hoping for a buck and a doe this year. I'm hungry for some chili!

You guys ready to do some hunting?

Aaron, if you don't take that old 50 caliber deer hunting instead, you ain't got a hair on your chest!

JK! Still be cool take a deer with that old Springfield though!

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Great couple of weeks. Barrett Fieldcraft .308 with Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42. Barnes TTSX over 44gr of Varget. Freezer's now full.

Reactions: MTA

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    BBB first Buck AR 2020.jpg

He will be 31 next month. Shot a black bear boar on his first big game hunting trip when he was 16. Did not get his first deer, a doe, until last year when he was still 29. Got his first buck today at 30 going on 31. The rifle he bagged it with is a Savage Model 10 or 11 or 110 something or other in 308, damned if I can remember the model. I bought 2 raffle tickets at a gun show last month and one of them was the winner. Had them transfer the gun to him and he picked wisely from a selection of 5 or 6. I think he will hunt with that one from now on - it's gotta be a lucky gun. To say I am happy would be an understatement. That's my boy and I am extra proud of him today for never giving up.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I just ran out of backstrap filets and I'm down to maybe 2 pounds of pre-sliced jerky meat. Luckily I have several pounds of ground left as well as Italian and breakfast sausage. Not in dire straights yet but I'll be in the tripod tonight.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    .308 is my hunting caliber of choice. Yall have good taste. Glad he was able to get it done
    He will be 31 next month. Shot a black bear boar on his first big game hunting trip when he was 16. Did not get his first deer, a doe, until last year when he was still 29. Got his first buck today at 30 going on 31. The rifle he bagged it with is a Savage Model 10 or 11 or 110 something or other in 308, damned if I can remember the model. I bought 2 raffle tickets at a gun show last month and one of them was the winner. Had them transfer the gun to him and he picked wisely from a selection of 5 or 6. I think he will hunt with that one from now on - it's gotta be a lucky gun. To say I am happy would be an understatement. That's my boy and I am extra proud of him today for never giving up.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Was I the only one who didn’t see any deer this morning? I hunt 45 minutes south of San Antonio. Wind blowing 15mph. My pasture blind didn’t see anything but my dads blind in the brush saw half a dozen doe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was I the only one who didn’t see any deer this morning? I hunt 45 minutes south of San Antonio. Wind blowing 15mph. My pasture blind didn’t see anything but my dads blind in the brush saw half a dozen doe

Saw a bunch of mulies.... but I got to work. Their time will come. I'm about ready for some deer shoulder. Hoping to clean up around Christmas.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DUDE I need to come out there in January. Thats a nice one. Are you going to get a half body mount?
    Nah man... don't wanna spend the money on it. My wife does a euro mount with them. She paints the face with a bunch of Indian tribal art. It's cool, but different.

I still have 2 buck tags to fill. Hate to get a big one then be knee deep owing the Taxi. Also, trying to work a Colo. Elk hunt in for next season. Lord knows how much it cost to mount one of those. I'd just be happy with a cow and meat though.

D20CD084-45BB-442E-B313-C80074CDF8A5.jpeg

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    1e9165068edd8b2963b02366b9c9e5de.jpg

Just dropped this big fella on Galveston beach. Got some strange looks from the locals
    Haha jk gotta love the sandy soil here in atascosa county

Using some handloads, Hornady SST .30-06 headshot

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Nah man... don't wanna spend the money on it. My wife does a euro mount with them. She paints the face with a bunch of Indian tribal art. It's cool, but different.

I still have 2 buck tags to fill. Hate to get a big one then be knee deep owing the Taxi. Also, trying to work a Colo. Elk hunt in for next season. Lord knows how much it cost to mount one of those. I'd just be happy with a cow and meat though.

View attachment 235003
    That looks nicer than most mounts anyway.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom