2020 Whitetail Season

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Well fellas, it's that time of year again where we fill up our freezers with organically raised, free range meat. :p

I just finished getting my rifle sighted in. I'm taking my old Husqvarna 9.3x57mm this year and some 285gr cast bullet loads for it. I love that thing. It's light, handy, and packs a punch. I've never taken a deer with a home cast bullet before, so I'm excited to do that. I'm hoping for a buck and a doe this year. I'm hungry for some chili!

You guys ready to do some hunting?
Aaron, if you don't take that old 50 caliber deer hunting instead, you ain't got a hair on your chest!

JK! Still be cool take a deer with that old Springfield though!

Sam Colt

Feb 22, 2012
Austin
Great couple of weeks. Barrett Fieldcraft .308 with Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42. Barnes TTSX over 44gr of Varget. Freezer's now full.

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
BBB first Buck AR 2020.jpg

He will be 31 next month. Shot a black bear boar on his first big game hunting trip when he was 16. Did not get his first deer, a doe, until last year when he was still 29. Got his first buck today at 30 going on 31. The rifle he bagged it with is a Savage Model 10 or 11 or 110 something or other in 308, damned if I can remember the model. I bought 2 raffle tickets at a gun show last month and one of them was the winner. Had them transfer the gun to him and he picked wisely from a selection of 5 or 6. I think he will hunt with that one from now on - it's gotta be a lucky gun. To say I am happy would be an understatement. That's my boy and I am extra proud of him today for never giving up.

TexMex247

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
May 11, 2009
Leander(NW Austin)
I just ran out of backstrap filets and I'm down to maybe 2 pounds of pre-sliced jerky meat. Luckily I have several pounds of ground left as well as Italian and breakfast sausage. Not in dire straights yet but I'll be in the tripod tonight.

MTA89

CEO of Systemic Racism INC.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
.308 is my hunting caliber of choice. Yall have good taste. Glad he was able to get it done
He will be 31 next month. Shot a black bear boar on his first big game hunting trip when he was 16. Did not get his first deer, a doe, until last year when he was still 29. Got his first buck today at 30 going on 31. The rifle he bagged it with is a Savage Model 10 or 11 or 110 something or other in 308, damned if I can remember the model. I bought 2 raffle tickets at a gun show last month and one of them was the winner. Had them transfer the gun to him and he picked wisely from a selection of 5 or 6. I think he will hunt with that one from now on - it's gotta be a lucky gun. To say I am happy would be an understatement. That's my boy and I am extra proud of him today for never giving up.

sobi1998

Well-Known
Mar 18, 2016
Was I the only one who didn’t see any deer this morning? I hunt 45 minutes south of San Antonio. Wind blowing 15mph. My pasture blind didn’t see anything but my dads blind in the brush saw half a dozen doe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members