• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Heading to the lease this weekend, to plant oats & fill the feeders before opening day comes around. Some nice bucks on the other guys cameras. Of course, I'd rather kill a 50-80 lb. hog instead.
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Hunting whitetails at a minimum. Maybe a mulie hunt too.

Date below is wrong.

STC_0014.JPG

STC_0172.JPG

Last edited:

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    6d799d31130ed5467b4081793859248b.jpg

My last year buck just got home from the taxidermist. I hunted the same place this year for hogs and saw a lot of nice bucks but I don’t think I can hunt for whitetail this year as the owner leased the land to some folks. I guess I need to create other connections.
    I still enjoy the hog hunts there.
    South of San Antonio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Shit what are yall hunting next to a nuclear power plant??? Look at those racks
    Hoping to get photo of the one that was hanging out by my son's school off 75 in McKinney. Let's just say he's a bruiser!
    My friend shot his with his bow at about 8 yards.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Fire do you need a new best friend? Seriously I hope you get out there this season. Thats a hell of a buck. I havent seen a deer on my trailcam since July :mad:. The damn local hillbillies pack of 20 meth dogs love to run through the woods chasing anything and everything. Im putting an arrow or a buckshot through some of them if they are ever out there while I am sitting.

I woke up at 4am to go out to my stand but I had a gut feeling there wasn't going to be anything out there. Sure as shit, I went out there at noon to check my cameras. One raccoon and one dog. Up here, the deer only come around consistently once it gets cold and all the green dies. This is why I go hunt in south Texas alot. Less people, less dogs and tons of deer.

In other news, I got an extra doe tag on my NYS license for the hunting area I will be in. Only cost $10 to buy into the instant lottery. Ill be freezing my pecans off but I am hoping I smoke a few while I am up there.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Where I hunt in Texas I basically come in and bat clean up. I think I keep getting invited back because I actually shoot deer and don’t watch them lol.

I almost never shoot them at the feeders, which last year paid off well( it almost always does anyway) as there were still tons of acorns into late December. About the only time I will shoot them at feeders is if I am asked to take a specific deer out.

All the other hunters were bitching about nothing coming to the feeders.

I got 5 in two days. I will take the shot with a minute of legal light left on the day, and I will glass the tree lines and take a shot in the 4' wide clearings when they stop.

Where I hunt in Arkansas and Pennsylvania I look for the bigger deer. Still shoot a lot of does in Arkansas , and if I don’t see a good buck, I’ll try to tag out on does.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    For one family that lives near Wichita Falls I allow them to hunt deer on my property, must be good to the land, maintain their own feeder, not shoot quail, preferably teach their children to shoot. My only request is that they let me know when they are going before they go so we don't shoot each other. this is not a lease but free use. I have 89 acres. Hogs too. I have no livestock. You can contact me if you are interested. I don't want more than one family. I do not shoot deer. I might shoot hogs. I know how difficult it is for hunters to find a place which is why I open mine up to the right person.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Hunting trip down south go cut short due to some billing issues with my wife's OB doctor. I had to come back up here to sort it out since my wife isn't good in those types of situations. 45 mins on the phone yelling at two different ladies got a $5000 BS bill reduced to the proper amount of $349.

Anyways, smoked this 9 pointer on monday during the evening probably 30 mins before end of legal light. Him and an almost identical 8 pointer came out together. I was using my .308 handloads for the first time on a "real" animal. 180gr Hornady Interlock is absolutely devastating. The blood trail was pretty brutal. His hind legs were damn near vertical when I hit him. This is on MDLP low fence land for a ranch in Sutton County for those who are wondering why I used a rifle.

9 pointer.PNG

My plan was to bowhunt the rest of the week since the wind was suppose to change to make it more conducive but that got ruined

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I drove a 30-40 mile backroads loop somewhere between Fredericksburg and Llano on Tuesday. We counted over 100 whitetails that we could see from the road but only one buck.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'll be spending time in a tripod again this year out by Granger lake. I feel really fortunate to have earned the trust of a good friends family that allows me to hunt at their place. None of them hunt, so even though the neighbors do, I have exclusivity in a lil' 80 acre patch of central Texas.

Feeders are up and running. Over the years I've harvested over a half dozen 8 pt or better bucks with an average weight of 155 pounds. Not going to break any records but I'll put some meat in the freezer with a little patience and luck.

Probably the best part is watching the earth wake up and breathing in some fresh country air. Never gets old for me.

Top Bottom