• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Decided to use my new Beretta A300 yesterday afternoon/this morning and I got three. 12ga is making it a little bit easier. Granted I am not sitting over decoys, I am just walking up and down an overgrown road that is no longer used anymore so I am taking alot of of long shots while they are in flight

Hard as hell to hit these little bastards but its fun

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Shot a big one yesterday afternoon at about 20 yards flying directly away from me.

What size shot and choke are y'all using??

Modified and Steel 6 here. Seems to be working better than lead in 7.5 or 8 for me

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Shot a big one yesterday afternoon at about 20 yards flying directly away from me.

What size shot and choke are y'all using??

Modified and Steel 6 here. Seems to be working better than lead in 7.5 or 8 for me

I generally use 8 or 7 1/2.

Got a eurasian collared dove yesterday. Haven't seen too many of them around here though.

Those things are all over DFW. I could limit out at my backyard bird feeder.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yep, but an invasive species and TPWD wants them all dead. No season, no limit.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I thought there was a 3 shot max. capacity for guns for dove? (Has that changed? I haven't been dove hunting in many years.)

Disregard! I misinterpreted the "8" shot mention. You guys were talking about no. 8 shot (reference size). I was thinking magazine capacity. Duh! :green:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Dove are fragile. Hit them with 2 or 3 pellets and they fall. The key is to hit them solidly and not in the tailfeathers. LOL
    While I agree with this statement usually, on Saturday I witnessed a dove take 7 shots to hit the ground. Now I'm not saying all 7 shots hit him, but I saw feathers from 2 of my 3 shots, and 1 shot each from the other 2 guys that were shooting at it. My first shot stopped it's forward progression, then it started flapping again and trying to fly again, then I shot again and saw the feathers fly, then my son shot, then another guy shot and I saw feathers fly again, then my son shot again and feathers flew, then the other guy shot again, and then I delivered my 3rd shot and feathers flew again and he fell to the ground. Thought about not even going to find the bird since it should have been totally destroyed, but it wasn't really that bad.

I know this sounds like a tall tale, but it actually happened, and there were witnesses to this event.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    White wings 2020

Just got back from RGV.

Three hunts, 6 birds.

Rained out, plenty mosquitoes, MUD, a big mess. Shoulda stayed @ Hell Campo.

New Lab did OK for his first real hunt.

leVieux
    E3F68942-FA45-46F6-9D9F-7948A91A61C9.jpeg

Top Bottom