• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The Family Reunion committee took cash donations at a few different meets for improved chances at the giveaways. The intent was to build a savings fund to apply toward a private property rental or similar to hold our meets at that would allow us more freedom of activities similar to the early days of the meets.

Currently at Shooting Star we cannot shoot calibers larger than 300 WM, shoot Tannerite, or blow up cars like in the early days. These activities really helped bring in the crowds but finding a place that will allow this plus has good facilities and a nice overall range just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

The committee discussed spending the money on free giveaway items before the Spring Meet but time ran short. We have gathered all the funds and are ready to purchase items to clean out the account.

The account holds just under $1000 and the thinking is to divide it amongst 1 large, 1 medium, and 1 small item for the giveaway. Depending on how it breaks down it may not break up like that but we are looking for attending member's ideas on what they would like to see on the giveaway table.

We would like to avoid any FFL items but anything else firearm related can be purchased.

Items like build kits, parts, ammo, reloading, optics, gunsmithing, or any other related items can be discussed.

Keep in mind time is again getting short so try to keep with currently available items. We would like to purchase next Monday (9/30) so everything can be in hand before the meet.

What would you like to see on the giveaway table October 12th?
    ARJ Defense ad

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Optic mounts like the Aero one piece, padded gun bag, red dot, gun cleaning stuff, splatter targets, knives, etc. I like the idea of torque screw drivers.

When I ran my fishing tournament, I'd go to Academy & get like $500 worth of fishing stuff to put in my raffles. Most bags had stuff between $25-$50, then a few big items in the $75- $100 for the AWWW factor.

I'm sure you could go to Primary Arms, Brownells, Amazon, etc. & grab a bunch of stuff at one time.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Bump.

Don't forget our forum sponsors and the commercial deals thread. Good deals thread too.

Thoughts on distribution too. Lots of smaller gift ideas. Would you like to see a bunch of smaller gifts as opposed to a few larger ones?

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I say 2-3 larger items in the $75-200 range, then some smaller stuff... $5-50 or $75. That should spread out enough prizes for most or all that attended to be winners.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m all for supporting our sponsors and the site.

Ideas for the giveaway:
    * Annual/Lifetime membership(s) to the forum
    * Forum Sponsor products/services/gift certificates
    - Ex: Primary Arms gift certificate, cleaning mat, range bag, or optic on the high side.
    - Green Eye Tactical course
    * Tourniquet

I liked last fall when everyone got at least something.

Top Bottom