Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sorry, I meant, why am I just now learning about this particular gun.
    Thanks for the clarification. Now I get it.

Lots of people don't seem to know they exist. Depending on which reference you read or listen to, somewhere between 200 and 3000 were imported before the ban so they are kinda rare. (Wikipedia says "less than 2000", which isn't terribly precise.)

Side note: most sources say 30 round magazines fit. I'm not so sure. I've seen them inserted and locked in place. However, I've tried it and the magazine floorplate hits the bottom of the pistol grip. There's too much jiggling and forcing involved for me to consider insertion to be easy enough to be fun. I just have a stack of 20-rounders.
    Venture Surplus ad

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I'd like to sell my Norinco 86S and I could bring it if anyone is interested. I have a standing offer of $1K from a local collector but I'd prefer it to go to someone on TGT if they're sufficiently interested. Should I bring it?
    I'd be interested, but I'm usually off only two Sundays a month and between my son's birthday and Halloween my vacation days are gone for the month, so doubt I can make it. But if I can, I'd buy it or at the very least, like to shoot it. Like bullpups and AKs and like the idea of combining them both.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Not really looking for guns but if we could get a meet going and everyone would bring their old XD 4” holsters that’d be awesome. Trying to start a holster drawer with limited funds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Sorry, I meant, why am I just now learning about this particular gun. Not your ownership of it. With some of things you've spoken of, and referenced, I have no doubt you have more than one firearm that I've never heard of.

The reason why it would be close to the top are including the two you mentioned, fun and collectable. Mostly for fun. And simplicity of operation. A bullpup AK,....ummm... YES.

You need to remember, I'm looking at this as a one handed shooter. A standard AK platform rifle is awful heavy for one arm to hold up. And making real accurate shot as such, while not impossible, is somewhat limited in application. Something along this line, would make it at least somewhat more stable to shoot with a better possibility of hitting my target accurately. Not that it would matter much though, I most likely couldn't hit the ground with written directions and a LARGE arrow pointing the way.
    I think a bull pup might be your best bet for a rifle.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    It is the main reason I have a Tavor in the safe. Urrr... ummm... lemme take that back, I had a Tavor. It was also lost in that boating accident I had out there on lake (garbled transmission).

After Ben mentioned it, I watched a M.A.C. video where he showed it. Looked to be a pretty interesting lil' rifle. If they were more available, it would definitely be a top option for me.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If they were more available, it would definitely be a top option for me.
    I would advise against that. They're rare and collectible but they're also crude Norincos. The standing offer I have on it is from a Norinco collector who I doubt would ever actually shoot it. As an actual shooter, it's, as Jeff Cooper used to say, "a machine for throwing balls."
    I'd be interested, ... doubt I can make it.
    If I'm there, I'll bring it.

7eDL0cd.jpg

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Forgot about what you had said previously. But it still looks like a lot of fun to shoot.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have a few older 3-9x scopes to give away. Nothing fancy just upgrading for my dad's hunting rifles. Will do a mini raffle if there is much interest. Want to be sure anybody interested gets a chance.

I also have ammo cans to sell but will start a separate thread. Will post a link once I get it going. Strictly a nonprofit deal from a thread that kind of went off the rails.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Im bringing two boxes of .357 sig ammo. Sig Sauer FMJ and JHPs. They are free if you bring a .357 sig pistol we can shoot

Top Bottom