• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    How big is the shrine?

Not nearly as big as Freeman, and it consists of several rooms instead of a single large one; but there's been TGS and (I believe) SAXET shows there in the past that were pretty successful according to the vendors I talked with

The nicer thing is the location, being on the north side of SA means it will draw more folks from the SA-Austin corridor; and given that the venue is not owned by any government entity there will be less chance of any shenanigans as there was with parking at Freeman.

I for one am just happy that Premier worked to stay in SA. It may not have been as lucrative as they hoped given SAXET's long established history here (that show has been going on for over 30 years), but as we all know monopolies have their downside! Premier brings in many vendors that aren't at SAXET and as many of us saw their emergence in SA caused SAXET to "up their game" a bit (such as adding ATM machines to the show). I suspect it may have slowed the presence of non-firearm-related vendors at the SAXET show as well, although there still are more than there should be, but that's just the cost of doing business I guess. I went to a gun show in Las Vegas a few months back that had considerably more non-firearm-related vendors at it.

Lastly, there is a IHOP at 1604 and 281 that, in lieu of any other options may be where we end up. I would like to find someplace a little better, but it's not easy to find someplace with a good selection that can host 20+ patrons for breakfast. Heck, I am not even sure that IHOP can; but the one next to SAXET does its best to accommodate us (but usually that breakfast crew is not quite as big as it is for Premier).

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom