• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Now that 20lb propane tanks are running $60 empty and $80 full at the ususl sources (Lowes, HD, TSC, etc.) does anyone know a source where they might still be at a pre Potato level?

I used to see $10 coupon for the Blue Rhino tanks at Dollar General, but its been a while.

Democrats always take the joy out of life and now it’s even BBQ
    Lynx Defense

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Find your nearest tractor supply, they sell by the gallon, so ya dont have to take them in empty, only pay for what you buy. Just filled a couple of 100# opening weekend Mt. Pleasant. $3.69 a gallon. @Army1911 just priced in Plano at 13 bucks. If your paying 60 bucks for a 20# ( 5 gal ) your getting screwed.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    $60 bucks? I think Wallyworld here in the Big Town exchange for .34.99. I go to the propane place and get three refilled for $27. You might eat to find a place that refills

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Now that 20lb propane tanks are running $60 empty and $80 full at the ususl sources (Lowes, HD, TSC, etc.) does anyone know a source where they might still be at a pre Potato level?

I used to see $10 coupon for the Blue Rhino tanks at Dollar General, but its been a while.

Democrats always take the joy out of life and now it’s even BBQ

Dunno where you live, but 20 pounders are 59.99 new/filled and 25.00 for refills where I'm at.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    All newer cylinders that have a triangular shaped valve handle are 80% filled = about 15 pounds
    RV parks and propane dealers fill cylinders

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Here's where I go.

1669172361298.png

Someone had to do it.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    My full refills cost me $18, Being out in the sticks of East Texas there are not a lot of bargains and prices tend to run higher because we are so far from the metro market. The comment about the Blue Rhino exchanges is correct; you never get a full tank in the exchange. That is why I use the local propane dealer but I am now going to shop around for my refills too

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Just took a 20# 40# 100# to my local that I been using for over 20 years. I lined them up at the pump, surprise, some new guy came out. Hat said Pinnacle Propane. Went inside, a new girl, hat said Pinnacle. Girl said we gotta new owner. The old posters and pictures on the wall were gone. A bunch of those mind numbing motivational posters replaced then. I had to ask what is Pinnacle Propane. A conglomerator who buys mom and pop operations in the Southern States. OK who is backing this, international company based out of the Netherlands called SHV Energy. Thats just F-ing great, first my O2 and Acetylene company gets bought out by the French. Air Liquide, now my propane is owned by a bunch of Vikings. I guess its better than the chi-coms.

Bad news, they are now charging by the fill-up and not by the gallon. Flat charge is
    20# $20.00, the 40#, $40.00 the 100#, $72.00

Looks like it's time to find a new propane dealer. Hope there is still an owner/operator in Cass, Bowie, Morris, Titus County area.

Top Bottom