• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I was born in southwest Virginia near the North Carolina state line and also near the Blue Ridge Parkway. As a teenager growing up in the 1960's, I was fascinated by the cars of the day and their performance.

A few miles from me was a rather large cabin off the Parkway that was owned by the Reynolds family, the R. J. Reynolds family, R. J. Reynolds Tobacco family. The cabin was where Zach Reynolds lived most of the time. Zach was the grandson of R. J. and the envy of every young man around. Zach had an endless supply of money and had more toys that you could ever imagine.

At one time, Zach had 57 motorcycles in the basement of that cabin. He had every muscle car you could think of. He had airplanes and even an old bi-plane that he did stunts in. A plane crash eventually ended his life. Zach had a new 1967 Shelby Cobra 427, the first anyone in our part of the company had ever seen.

One of Zach's cars that was pretty famous in our neck of the woods was his 1964 Ford Galaxie rocket car called the Tobacco King. If you like cars and performance, you might find this interesting.

tt3.jpg

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/fea...ld-know-ford-galaxie-tobacco-king-rocket-car/
    Military Camp

Attachments

• tt3.jpg
      tt3.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 313

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I was born in southwest Virginia near the North Carolina state line and also near the Blue Ridge Parkway. As a teenager growing up in the 1960's, I was fascinated by the cars of the day and their performance.
    A few miles from me was a rather large cabin off the Parkway that was owned by the Reynolds family, the R. J. Reynolds family, R. J. Reynolds Tobacco family. The cabin was where Zach Reynolds lived most of the time. Zach was the grandson of R. J. and the envy of every young man around. Zach had an endless supply of money and had more toys that you could ever imagine.
    At one time, Zach had 57 motorcycles in the basement of that cabin. He had every muscle car you could think of. He had airplanes and even an old bi-plane that he did stunts in. A plane crash eventually ended his life. Zach had a new 1967 Shelby Cobra 427, the first anyone in our part of the company had ever seen.
    One of Zach's cars that was pretty famous in our neck of the woods was his 1964 Ford Galaxie rocket car called the Tobacco King. If you like cars and performance, you might find this interesting.
    View attachment 183259
    https://www.streetmusclemag.com/fea...ld-know-ford-galaxie-tobacco-king-rocket-car/
    That's a hot lookin car. I especially like those mag (probably real) wheels. It looks like a NASCAR stocker. Cut-outs, track bars. Straight axle ? Whew-ee !

Top Bottom