• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    The Walther PP is a really nice gun. Bearing in mind that Carl Walther developed it in 1929 in .32 ACP, or as it was originally called in Germany the 7,65 Browning, it had influenced the development of handgun for the rest of the century. Your gun has a spare mag with the steel mag bottom in it and is nicer to shoot with the original plastic mag extension.

The PP is a classical and very well made firearm!
    I think the PP was ahead of its time.

Unfortunately, no spare mag. I'm getting this used. No box. No spare mag. Just a fantastic gun.
    DK Firearms

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Pocket pistol never go out of style! I wanted a James Bond gun for years. Settled on a H&K 4 that was a Germen Border Patrol trade in gun. View attachment 223544

Do you mean Bundesgrenzschutz with Border Patrol? AFAIK the BGS did not use the HK4, at least not officially. The HK4 had been the standard pistol for German customs in the 1970s. The proofs for the military, police and custom guns are usually the same and were applied as "Amtshilfe", inter-agency assistance.

I used to collect .32 ACP pistols and liked the Walther PP best of those guns but even better than a PP in .32 ACP is it to have a PP in .22 l.r.

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    When my oldest son was born in L.A. I went to a gun store with my wife's uncle and helped him pick a few guns. He bought an HK P7 M13, a P7M8, a Manurhin PPk/s in .22 l.r. and a .32 Walther PP. After his death the guns had disappeared but two years later a cousin had found that an aunt had taken all the guns from the estate. She bought the PP back from her aunt and sent the Walther PP to my youngest son. He loves it, it came with the box but no magazine and the left grip panel with the thumb rest of the Manurhin.

My son loves that gun and is happy to have it.

8yUdjSJh.jpg

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    When I was a teen, digging in Dad's Army trunk, came up with a n.i.b. Walther 7.65 (.32ACP) NAZI Officer's Dress kit, pistol, black painted leather holster, extra mag, had cheap unfinished wood grip scales but the machine work & finish of the metal was fine. Like a dumb kid, I lost the box and eventually the holster, but my Nephew still has the gun & magazines. When the 1970's Houston crime spree hit, I bought a new U S Manufactured .380 PPKS from "Hook's Gun Shop" on South Post Oak near the A J Foyt Chevy Dealership, & still carry it sometimes. If you ever hear me going around muttering "flip UP, flip UP!", you'd know that was a Walther day. leVieux
    Both the Walther and Mauser 32acps from the WWII generation were flip up for "Fire" mode while the J.P. Sauer was swipe down. The three also used entirely different systems to decock; Walther with the block mode, Mauser by moving the firing pin up above the hammer face and Sauer with the lever decocker that carried over with the Sig Sauer P series DA/SA's. The neat thing with the Sauer is that since the hammer is internal the same lever also works to cock the hammer for single action mode.

Swipe and it decocks the hammer and places the trigger in the forward double action mode:
    standard.jpg

Swipe again and it cocks the hammer and the trigger is back in the single action position:
    standard.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Do you mean Bundesgrenzschutz with Border Patrol? AFAIK the BGS did not use the HK4, at least not officially. The HK4 had been the standard pistol for German customs in the 1970s. The proofs for the military, police and custom guns are usually the same and were applied as "Amtshilfe", inter-agency assistance.

I used to collect .32 ACP pistols and liked the Walther PP best of those guns but even better than a PP in .32 ACP is it to have a PP in .22 l.r.

Hell it was 30+ years ago that I bought it. I thought it was a good deal @ the time. Still have the box & contents.

Top Bottom