• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Fluid Film is the best lubricant and rust preventative I know of. Everybody should have a can or two of it. It is great stuff.
    DK Firearms

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Other than Amazon, where is this product sold? I live in the boonies and closest store that might sell the stuff is a True Value.

Midway USA will have it.

There is an aerosol spray and then they sell it in bottles as a liquid. I prefer the the bottle. When you get the spray can, you run out of propellant, and there is still oil in it.

However - Academy and WalMart sells the spray bottles, if I remember right. I'd swear I have bought the spray can at WalMart before.

My local shop sells the stuff in a bottle. I usually buy it there.

On that test I previously mentioned, I think they tested 15-20 different products, Breakfree CLP was in the top 2. I cannot remember the other one's name...

I have used Breakfree CLP since the 1990s. It has a smell, but it is one of the few oils that doesn't trigger my asthma or gives me that foggy head feeling when I use it inside (RemOil makes me feel bad if used indoors). The smell doesn't bother me like many others I have tried... Breakfree CLP works as a cleaner and a lube.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've never done this, so take this with a grain of salt.

One of the prettiest pistols I ever saw was carbon steel with, it appeared, absolutely no surface protection. No blueing, no nothing, but it was mirror polished and gorgeous. I asked the owner how he prevented rust. He said he cleaned it monthly (perhaps more often, depending on how much he was shooting), put a small amount of lubricant on the internal works, and protected that marvelous exterior with a spritz of Lemon Pledge and a wipedown.

That seemed so odd to me that I've never even experimented with that approach. Anyone ever heard of something similar?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Makes sense. It's basically a spray wax that is meant to provide a protective coating.

Just be sure to wipe off any excess and lube the pistol before firing.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I'm going to have to learn about polishing. This project should teach me. I'm starting from zero.

Just use Breakfree CLP periodically. You need not do anything else.

I reoil all my guns every 2 weeks with Breakfree CLP, andI also wipe thenm down. And, on a carry gun - if I sweat on it that day, I wipe it down at the end of the day with that CLP.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Eezox .
    eezoxrusttest1px.jpg

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I wish I could remember what forum that test was done on. I mentioned it earlier in the thread.

There are several "CLPs" ... What CLP was used in that test in the photo?

Top Bottom