• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Watching TV I see the gunman pointing a 1911 handgun at some one's head then he pulls the trigger back to fire the gun? I assume he has loaded the gun then dropped the hammer and holstered the gun. Most of the drawn pistols shown have hammers down.
    Guess I have been doing this wrong all of my life I load the gun condition 1 hammer back safety on when drawn I click off the safety. Why would on want to take time to cock the pistol to fire.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Because almost no script writers or directors give a scrawny rat's posterior about depicting firearms accurately. Even if the movie is based on a novel from an author who does care, the director doesn't give a squat.

So we end up with people pulling hammers back on Glocks; pump shotguns that are cycled numerous times to show the shooter really means business now...without a shell ever being ejected; pistols going to slide lock yet somehow still firing; striker-fired pistols, after they're run empty, going "Click! Click! Clickety-click!" while the shooter keeps pulling the trigger (and the slide might or might not have gone into slide lock); people being hurled off their feet and a yard backward after taking a round from a .30 Super Carry :D ; and virtually anything is effective cover: it's like a 3-year-old, if they can't see you, they can't shoot you, so no bullets can penetrate a kitchen cabinet door or the back of a cheap couch. And on and on.

Top Bottom