1911 Magazine Choices

Tnhawk

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 7, 2017
Southwest TN headed to TX
Ed Brown recently ran an exchange program. Replace old mag with an Ed Brown for $10 or $15 depending on model ordered. I had several old mags I couldn't depend on and exchanged them. Ed Brown and Wilson Combat have been the most reliable magazines I've used. I learned that CTD products were not worth dirt.

Dred

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 12, 2012
Houston, TX
Tripp Research for a guaranteed win.

Anyone surprised that these substantially superior mags are Texas born? If you've worked with the Tripps, you will understand why I have not identified any competitors even though I have reliable 1911 mags from every maker listed so far plus a couple noone has listed yet.

So get your mags from Bastrop for a win.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

easy rider

Spark Creator
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
I carry a 1911 commander. My gun isn't really particular about which manufacturer type magazine, so I have many brands of magazines. The one I carry in my gun, because it was the only one I could find to be truly flush with the grip is a KimPro. BTW, they are all 8 round magazines.

TipBledsoe

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jun 28, 2020
La Vernia, TX
Ed Brown recently ran an exchange program. Replace old mag with an Ed Brown for $10 or $15 depending on model ordered. I had several old mags I couldn't depend on and exchanged them. Ed Brown and Wilson Combat have been the most reliable magazines I've used. I learned that CTD products were not worth dirt.
I don't have experience with CTD but it sounds as though they are comparable to ProMag - certifiably pure junk

Tnhawk

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 7, 2017
Southwest TN headed to TX
I don't have experience with CTD but it sounds as though they are comparable to ProMag - certifiably pure junk
My last experience with CTD was yeas ago. They cancelled an online order on ammunition and then made it available again with a sizable price increase. I wouldn't order from them again if the price were one cent a round.

Products discussed on TGT

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts