• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCD 45

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2015
    TEXAS GULF COAST
    And here I thought that the Nighthawk I want was pricey.

I'm a little late to the dance but I just got my 1st 2011 DS about a month ago & love it!

It's close to the Nighthawk in price, and I love NH's, but I think that I like this Guncrafter
    X2 Hellcat better. It's capacity is 17+1 - aluminum frame - Ionbond barrel - commander
    4.25" barrel - optional SS grips vs. aluminum - & comes in at just 30 ounces unloaded.
    Fit & finish is 2nd to none! And compared to the MSRP, I STOLE IT!!! It's still brand new
    & has never been fired outside of GI testing!

BCD 45
    GI X2 HELLCAT 2-TONE (.01).jpg
    GI X2 HELLCAT 2-TONE (1).jpg
    GI X2 HELLCAT 2-TONE (2).jpg
    GI X2 HELLCAT 2-TONE (3).jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm a little late to the dance but I just got my 1st 2011 DS about a month ago & love it!

It's close to the Nighthawk in price, and I love NH's, but I think that I like this Guncrafter
    X2 Hellcat better. It's capacity is 17+1 - aluminum frame - Ionbond barrel - commander
    4.25" barrel - optional SS grips vs. aluminum - & comes in at just 30 ounces unloaded.
    Fit & finish is 2nd to none! And compared to the MSRP, I STOLE IT!!!

BCD 45
    View attachment 277702 View attachment 277703 View attachment 277704 View attachment 277705
    Usually, I'm not a big fan of double-stacked 1911 style of pistols, but there is something about that one that is very interesting and visually appealing.

Very nice indeed.

BCD 45

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2015
    TEXAS GULF COAST
    Usually, I'm not a big fan of double-stacked 1911 style of pistols, but there is something about that one that is very interesting and visually appealing.

Very nice indeed.

@Axxe55 - Thank you sir, I appreciate your kind words. My 1st ever double-stack but I think
    I'm going to like it. I like the lightening cuts on the slide, just an added look & lightens the slide
    to cycle faster. What I love most is the slide racks like it's on greased ball bearings and the
    fabulous trigger came in at 2.75# pull weight & is super crisp!

For around $600.00, GI will fit a 38 Super barrel to it to make it a 9mm/38Super combination
    firearm. I'd like a DS 38Super & may do that a little later down the road.
    Thanks again Brother!!!

BCD 45

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

Very nice indeed.
    I have owned 3 double stack 1911’s in the last few years, and IMHO, it removes the biggest disadvantage for a 1911.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have a RIA in 10 mm that will make you think twice. 16+1 180 grn XTP’s traveling @ 1250 FPS could make you reconsider.

GingerYeti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2021
    Houston
    @BCD 45 If you convert to .38 super, are there magazines that work with the gun? Do the 9mm ones have the spacer and are able to be used? I kind of kick myself for never picking up a Tangfolio in .38 super. That'd be a lot of firepower in a double stacker. Obviously not as much as 10mm, but sometimes more shots are fun too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    @BCD 45 If you convert to .38 super, are there magazines that work with the gun? Do the 9mm ones have the spacer and are able to be used? I kind of kick myself for never picking up a Tangfolio in .38 super. That'd be a lot of firepower in a double stacker. Obviously not as much as 10mm, but sometimes more shots are fun too.
    To the best of my knowledge, the 9mm and the 38 Super use the same magazine. Biggest difference is the chamber of the barrel.

BCD 45

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2015
    TEXAS GULF COAST
    @GingerYeti - Sorry I'm late with your answer. I'm not sure about a spacer & the use of 9mm mags. A conversion
    usually comes with a pair of 38S mags. All of my 38 supers have their own magazine.
    I hope this helps you!

BCD 45

Top Bottom