• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I bought an SKS recently and decided to make it how I wanted. I am having trouble finding a 14x1mm RH thread muzzle brake, flash hider, compensator, whatever you want to call it. I found Ricks but I don't feel like messing with the electronic payment and cnc warrior has one but i have that one and am looking for something different. I think the L1A1 supressors will fit but I want something shorter. And I know, 922r compliant blah blah blah.
    Venture Surplus ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You may have to get one custom built, or atleast rethread one that you like. A machine shop should be able to do it for you and may be cheaper than a gunsmith. You could get the barrel rethreaded also.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Looking like i might get the barrell rethreaded to a LH thread. Then it'll accept the AK flash supressors. Theres just nothing for the SKS besides those two sites unless its a clamp on or twist on and those suck.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Call these guys. They made a compensator for one of my rifles a couple of years ago.

KDF Inc.
    2485 N State Highway 46
    Seguin, TX 78155

• (830) 379-8141

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Ya that one from FSC customs is kind of expensive and you still have to use a thread adapter. The 9/16x24 will fit also but I think Im just going to get the barrell re threaded so I will have a better selection of muzzle brakes. Most likely the 14x1 LH like the AK.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    FYI I found out that the VZ-58 barrel threads are 14x1RH metric. Same as the SKS for all of you with a Yugo SKS that want to take the GL off and replace it.

Top Bottom