• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    ^ That's... actually a good question, and something I've been wondering about myself. Every single round of Remington ammo that I've put through my 6.8 AR has some weird red stuff around and occasionally on the primer. Don't know what it is, but it sure as hell ain't Sharpie.

Thinking it might be some sort of sealant to help keep moisture out of the case.

ETA: Thanks again Travis :) Really appreciate the help.
    Hurley's Gold

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    About two months ago I bought some .40 caliber Hornady 'critical duty' Hollow points W/ Red tip. (I have had the "critical defense'" before with great results.) - and still have them. Anyway, I get home to inspect the ammo before loading a spare mag. and notice Red permanent markings on the primer. From my experience at the range, I've seen these before on spent casings and heard they are re-loads. But for factory grade ammo, this cant be true right? what does it mean? Thanks!

More than likely it is primer sealer to help waterproof the cartridge.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So then it could be concealed, just not under the CHL, I did not understand, thanks....

Texas only regulates the carrying of handguns. - you can't unless you meet one of the situations in PC46.15. A CHL is another avenue of legal carry, but must be concealed.

All other firearms are OK to carry, open or concealed, loaded or unloaded. Since it is not a CHL gun, you can walk right past a 30.06 sign with a SMG.

Of course there off-limit places that affect both CHl guns an longguns, schools, polling places, etc.

Top Bottom