• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I recently got a dead air mask suppressor. My 10/22 takedown does not have a threaded barrel. Instead of getting a whole new rifle I figured I would just get a new barrel. There are a several companies that make 10/22 barrels. Just wanting to see if anyone had suggestions. I'm probably looking for 16" barrel. Something lightweight. I don't need carbon fiber or anything fancy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I recently got a dead air mask suppressor. My 10/22 takedown does not have a threaded barrel. Instead of getting a whole new rifle I figured I would just get a new barrel. There are a several companies that make 10/22 barrels. Just wanting to see if anyone had suggestions. I'm probably looking for 16" barrel. Something lightweight. I don't need carbon fiber or anything fancy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have the ruger 16" threaded barrel. It shoots fine, does about an inch at 50 yards with a red dot on a magpul mount.

Eta: https://shopruger.com/10_22-Takedown-Threaded-Barrel-Stainless/productinfo/90566/

I have the blued version, but its OOS

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    I have one on a standard 10/22. It works great, with or without a can. Most of the can fits in the shroud so the gun is not "long".

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Just have your current barrel threaded. By a machine shop or gunsmith.
    Commercial machines shops won't touch guns or gun parts unless they have the proper FFL. The feds have them all spooked. If you have a friend with a lathe, that knows his ass from a tool post, not a problem. Most gun smiths will take care of you, for about the same cost as a new barrel.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Commercial machines shops won't touch guns or gun parts unless they have the proper FFL. The feds have them all spooked. If you have a friend with a lathe, that knows his ass from a tool post, not a problem. Most gun smiths will take care of you, for about the same cost as a new barrel.
    I don’t see 190.00 for a 30 minute job.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Great, it takes me that long to change the tools, get it chucked, trued, and programed. And I aint even started yet.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Ok, I’ll give some on set up time , but once you are ready , it goes quickly…..Chuck it using the bore.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Agreed, turning is quick. I like to dress the crown while it is right there and all set up. Then touch up the finish unless it’s stainless. And I clean up the swarf and turnings before l can walk away, completely done. I know, pedantic, but It’s the way I was taught, by my Great Uncle, who now days would be called OCD.

Top Bottom