• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    Go to rimfirecentral.com. They have a hole section on 10/22's from basic factory stock to ultimate builds and everything in between. Triggers, receivers, barrels, stocks ect, ect.

I have built several, and have used Ruger receivers in all. Relatively cheap and they say Ruger. Their barrels are ok, nothing special. My trigger are all Kidd single stage, probably one of the best accuracy improvements you can make, plus he is located in Texas. He also makes excellent barrels, and complete rifles. The Ruger receivers can be rather rough inside, some of the after market mfrs make much better quality, and you can even get stainless steel, at a weight penalty. About 25 years ago I had a plain jane stainless Ruger model and found some parts at Midway and started upgrading, First was a 24" sporter barrel which although stamped Midway, was made by Green Mountain, an excellent barrel maker, It does have a tight match type chamber and is very accurate. Next was a Fajen stock, nice walnut with a shadow outline cheekpiece, checkered steel Neider style buttplate and grip cap, ebony forend, and inletted sling swivels. I replaced the rather sloppy Ruger trigger housing with a CNC machined aluminum model from Tactical Innovations, put in a Kidd trigger along with an extended magazine release, that extends down and under the trigger guard, giving a look like the under lever on a Ruger #1 single shot. I had actually found the barrel and stock on closeout prices and built the rifle with very little investment for what I have.

Read, read, and shop for parts and have fun, they are rather simple and easy to build.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Then you can build some AR15's!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Been there, done that...but I am open to suggestions for both pistol and rifle length dedicated AR uppers in .22lr if you have any. I'm a precision rifle guy, I prefer my long guns to be manually operated and highly accurate so I've avoided the 10/22 due to the $$$ that is (typically) required to achieve the accuracy that I tend to seek. Regardless, the bug to build exists within me so I'm sure I'll build a 10/22 before too long. I'd likely lean towards a short heavy barrel in a Titan stock, preferably capable of running standard velocity ammunition while suppressed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom