• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    That's purty! Any range time yet? I've got a bone stock 10/22 that needs some love and I like specs of that barrel.

Thank you! No no range time as of yet because of work. Oilfield! This hitch is over tomorrow so this weekend it will see some rds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Those 10-22 modified rifles are my number one fun guns!

You might consider leaving the bull barrel supported and not free floated. The receiver in my humble opinion is simply not strong or stiff enough to support the Bull barrel. They shoot like gangbusters even though they aren't free floated.

Scopes? Some will say that a rifle won't shoot well without Nikon, Leupold or Zeiss glass but that's just foolishness. Tasco is just fine!

That's a great looking rifle! Nice work!

Flash

Last edited:

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Waiting for accuracy report.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Havent gotten my match ammo in yet and had to go back to work earlier than expected.

Those 10-22 modified rifles are my number one fun guns!

You might consider leaving the bull barrel supported and not free floated. The receiver in my humble opinion is simply not strong or stiff enough to support the Bull barrel. They shoot like gangbusters even though they aren't free floated.

Scopes? Some will say that a rifle won't shoot well without Nikon, Leupold or Zeiss glass but that's just foolishness. Tasco is just fine!

That's a great looking rifle! Nice work!

Flash

That's a good point about not free floating the barrel. How would I go about adding support?
    Thank you I am really enjoying it!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've used a bunch of different stocks for the 10/22 and all of them had the rear of the action rest in the stock AND a portion of the barrel resting in the barrel channel. Many people open up that barrel channel so the barrel is unsupported. That may work well on a steel receiver but it's NG on a 10/22. The receiver is flimsy and can't support the weight of that bull barrel hanging out there 16-20".

The answer is...most of the stocks are already built with a barrel support. I suggest that you NOT remove that material to "free float" the barrel.

Flash

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    ^what receiver did you end up using, when you bought that stock from me Chuck? A rifle, or charger? What ammo did your setup prefer?

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I am still building the gun for the stock I bought from you. I am still hunting down parts. I have one of those heavy barrwl Rugers. I have tried a lot of different brands and types but the one that works best for me is SK Lapua. Very consistant and accurate. It hits 3/8" dots at 50 yards 8 out of 10 times.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I am still building the gun for the stock I bought from you. I am still hunting down parts. I have one of those heavy barrwl Rugers. I have tried a lot of different brands and types but the one that works best for me is SK Lapua. Very consistant and accurate. It hits 3/8" dots at 50 yards 8 out of 10 times.

What are you looking for?

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Got it tried out after I was full of Christmas feast so I was a little off my game. This was at 50yds. I am quite pleased. Will paper it again when I ain't stuffed! Merry Christmas yall!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388013667386.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388013667386.jpg
      32.9 KB · Views: 202
    • uploadfromtaptalk1388013677598.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388013677598.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 205
    Top Bottom